Posted on Oct 8, 2021 by Access Group
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of Love work, Love life' has been central to our success and so we're looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us achieve 2 million users of the Access Workspace platform.
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 35,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
You are an experienced developer who is highly technical, loves solving complex business and technical challenges. You like to write clean, self-documenting and performant code. You are strong team player who is happy to coach and mentor junior developers on best practise and how to enhance their technical skills. You are very experienced in solving complex performance issues and are comfortable recommending architectural changes and executing those changes. You are focused on delivering high quality solutions and working in a team to bring solutions for complex business problems to market. You are constantly seeking to improve both your own skills and the skills of others and enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic company.
Day-to-day, you will:
• You will primarily work on Mintsoft () - our flagship order management system within our supply chain division. Mintsoft is a market leading product which integrates with over 70 online shopping platforms and 80 courier integrations.
• Actively participate in requirements analysis: highlight omissions and gaps; pro-actively contribute to discussions; and understand the scope, risk and complexity of changes by challenging and providing feedback to the stories and acceptance criteria.
• Analyse, identify and fix of root cause of defects, using debugging techniques and tools.
• Identify, compartmentalise, and execute refactoring where commercially/technically necessary, with a focus on maintainability.
• Contribution towards effective source control, ensuring isolation and ability to manage multiple branches.
• Ensure value is achieved through development by understanding customer requirements, identifying dependencies and risk, and clearly communicating and escalating where appropriate.
As a well-rounded Lead Developer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
• At least 5 years C# and .NET Framework.
• At least 5 years working with Microsoft SQL Server and SQL Server Profiling.
• Software Design patterns.
• Experience architecting and developing performant, scalable SaaS web-based systems.
• Understanding agile software development principles and practices.
• Understanding technical issues and considerations and provide constructive feedback to the development team and other stakeholders.
• Excellent documentation skills, attention to detail and an ability to communicate detailed technical issues to stakeholders and to the internal business/project team.
• Unit testing frameworks.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain