DevOps Lead - Remote working
Posted on Oct 8, 2021 by Access Group
The Health & Social Care (HSC) Division is maturing its SaaS offerings across its products and are looking to strengthen our DevOps engineering capability across the Division. Usage of our products are growing, and we are transforming our DevOps capabilities to enable and accelerate that growth.
The DevOps Lead will be part of HSC Leadership team, working closely with the Development Director and other Engineering managers. You will act as an enabler for your team to build modern, robust pipelines and work across our internal cloud hosting and Azure. You will feed into future strategy and technology choices. You will be a critical member of a cross-divisional guild focussed on ensuring reuse and best practice.
You will ensure work meets business requirements, align with technology and governance standards, and ensure delivery of on-time, quality solutions.
You have experience in technical leadership of engineering teams, providing hands-on coaching for them to achieve success in their roles. You are comfortable providing detailed technical solutions, but also know how to make the most of your team.
- You are a DevOps evangelist - following a fail-fast inspect/adapt culture.
- You have been involved in digital and organisational transformation initiatives.
- You can translate DevOps principles into tangible practices and explain their benefit with stakeholder audiences in terms of business value.
- You will have worked in agile teams and be fluent in Scrum and/or other agile implementations and concepts. You have implemented metrics which demonstrate technical maturity.
- You can communicate with a wide group of collaborators and stakeholders, including Architecture, Product Management and Operations Teams.
• Leading teams by hands-on demonstration and guidance through DevOps maturity initiatives, including :
a.On-premise solutions into Cloud, preferably Azure, and implementation of the benefits associated to this such as support for scaling applications and products
b.Source Code tooling migrations, or repository streamlining.
c.Introduction of containerisation technologies and supporting toolsets.
• Strong infrastructure as code knowledge and experience with Configuration Management tooling such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform
• Driving DevOps best practice and working within and beyond your local team to ensure reuse and automation where possible.
• Excellent understanding of setting up the right monitoring at application and infrastructure levels and alerting across a product suite, having a proactive response v reactive.
• Exposure to incident management, providing leadership and communication when needed.
• Strong technical background and ongoing interest in technology
• A Security first' mindset - experience of proactively assessing security vulnerabilities within CD pipelines. Experience with static/dynamic/manual testing tools and processes, plus remediation of exposure
• Collaborating with Engineering teams to ensure robust, efficient automated build and deployment processes, including a strong understanding of branching models, test automation and fast feedback loops.
• Experience of working with MS SQL database
• Technical monitoring, performance management (e.g. load balancing etc.), capacity & availability management, reliability engineering
• Leading projects involving multiple operating systems & clouds.
• Familiarity with Mobile Deployment Strategies (App Center)
• Technical Professional Certifications such as AZ-204, AZ-400
• Leadership Certifications such as PSAL
• Working with management teams focussed on people and team growth initiatives such as innovation days, hackathons, team-building exercises, performance culture, career frameworks and recruitment activity.
• Working with third party engineering teams such as other cloud hosting partners.
As a well-rounded DevOps Lead, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
• Coaching and mentoring
• An open and collaborative working style,
• Being pragmatic, focussed upon enabling team autonomy where possible.
• Establishing and maintaining high standards, both technical and behavioural
• Demonstration and bringing to life the values of a diverse high-performance team culture.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on our promises! We take the development of our people very seriously and will work with you to carve out your success plan and provide an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
• A Competitive Salary
• Giving Back/Charity days
• Quarterly Socials
• 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
• The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to spain
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£42k - £44k Annual
£50k - £60k Annual
£49k - £49k Annual