Associate Product Manager - Hospitality
Posted on Oct 8, 2021 by Access Group
You are a Business Analyst or Product Owner looking for your next move, ideally with a hospitality background, who has a passion for product, a well-rounded knowledge of agile developments and an ability to communicate requirements and make decisions. Playing a key role in our dynamic Product Development team with support from our group-wide product function, you will play a vital role in executing the strategic product roadmap for the next generation of our Access Workspace platform, delivering exciting and engaging solutions for our customers.
The Associate Product Manager fulfils the Product Owner role within an Agile Development (Scrum) Team, focusing on how best to execute the strategic roadmap defined by the Senior Product Manager as well as delivering customer change requests.
You will act as the representative of the Product Manager in the Agile squad and, with sufficient understanding of the market, also the customer and business to make sound, informed decisions.
• Work with the Senior Product Managers and the Product Director to provide input to Product Strategies, Roadmaps and Business Cases which you will execute and manage.
• Bring or gain an understanding and appreciation of the Market, customer problems and Competitive landscape along with research and metrics to inform decisions.
• Fulfil the Agile Product Owner role:
oClearly identify and describe product backlog items building a shared understanding of the problem and solution with the development team.
oMake decisions regarding the priority of product backlog items in order to deliver maximum outcome with minimum output.
oDetermine whether a product backlog item was satisfactorily delivered.
oAssess and triage reported bugs and support cases and assist with their resolution.
• Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of customers' business processes and requirements, becoming a product expert, able to do pre-sales demos of your products.
• Contribute to the development, implementation and execution of Go To Market plans.
• Supports sales and go to market initiatives for the existing products, owning the creation of sales and demo material, content for lead-generation, and presentations/content for user group meetings.
• Work with colleagues to understand the overall portfolio and its interactions with your own products.
• Contribute to engagement with clients through Special Interest Groups, Customer Forums and other events.
Skills and Attributes
• Able to communicate well with team members and stakeholders on deliverables and approach. Demonstrates ability to communicate and listen appropriately depending on the audience. Able to communicate and collaborate with other teams.
• Can provide comprehensive requirements feedback, highlighting omissions, gaps and potential areas of confusion.
• Commercially aware with a good understanding of market drivers and client needs.
• Flexible and pragmatic, able to respond to shifting priorities, demands and timelines by using effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Accredited to the agreed level for the role.
• Ability to think creatively and exploit opportunities
• Good communicator able to communicate at all levels and adopt a flexible & consultative approach.
• Proactive, works at pace, goal orientated with a strong delivery/milestone focus
• Demonstrates sound judgement, able to make decisions independently whilst recognising when to escalate for more senior approval
• Demonstrates good product knowledge able to clearly articulate value and works with marketing to define value proposition and competitive intelligence.
• Regularly takes ownership for team retrospectives and goals.
• Participates in customer meetings, able to talk clearly about product roadmaps and futures.
• Along with wider product responsibilities can fulfil the role of Product Owner within an Agile Development (Scrum) Team.