Posted on Oct 8, 2021 by Darwin Recruitment
We are currently working for a large technology company based in Zurich.
They are the leader for digitization, security, innovation projects and products in Switzerland and aim to do the same in other financial and technology centres. They vertically integrate the entire IT value chain for our discerning customers. The basis of their growth are there strengths and values: courage, inventiveness, agility and entrepreneurial flair paired with sustainability and Swissness.
As part of our strong growth, we are looking for people interested in advising our customers and our own hosting center as DevOps and/or cloud engineers.
The demanding activities require a (technical) university degree in computer science, proven work experience, stylish German and English in spoken and written, flexibility, willingness to work and an interest in dealing with customers and employees.What's waiting for you
- As a team, you complement and support our development projects in the areas of infrastructure, tools and deployment management.
- You carry out engineering activities for the introduction of new tools and technologies according to the DevOps principles in the cloud or on-prem.
- You set up the operating and maintenance processes based on DevOps principles. You look after and operate the IT infrastructure and applications either on-prem or in a cloud. You not only know the user pages of tools such as Jenkins, GitLab, Docker, Ansible or OpenShift, but also feel at home with the Linux Shell and the administration of the tools.
- You advise and support your colleagues and our customers with regard to the use of tools and best practices. This typically encompasses the entire life cycle including deployments.
- You adapt our build and deployment processes to the project requirements and automate them.
- You promote constructive cooperation between business, IT departments and other stakeholders. You will use your DevOps know-how to help our customers innovate and successfully implement their DevOps programs.
- You will help develop our team in terms of content and personnel: expansion of know-how, our offerings and training of new employees.
What to bring
- University of applied sciences, ETH, university degree in computer science
- Experience in setup, administration and operation of life cycle, build and automation tools such as Jenkins, GitLab, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes or OpenShift
- Experience in the conception and implementation of industry-standard scripts, the tool chain for build automation and deployment
- Experience in agile software development and/or in IT operations. Scrum, SAFE and ITIL knowledge are an advantage
- As an employee of an IT service provider, commitment and customer orientation are a matter of course for you. You conduct the intensive communication in our customer projects in a motivated and professional manner
- High level of commitment and flexibility as well as willingness to learn new things
- Structured and goal-oriented approach
- Experience in regulated industries such as banks or payment.
- Experience with the services of one of the well-known cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or Microsoft Azure
what we offer
"Our employees voted us one of the best employers in Switzerland. As a winner of Best of Swiss Apps and the Digital Economy Award, you surf with us at the forefront of technological development. You will also experience an interesting and dynamic environment with us, varied work on exciting projects with the courage to innovate, a friendly working atmosphere and flexible working hours. We also offer you easily adaptable working time models and the opportunity to take time off. The academy enables you to keep up-to-date with ongoing training"
Darwin Recruitment AG is a Zurich based, SECO licensed, privately owned subsidiary of Darwin Professional Staffing Group Ltd (a Global IT Recruitment Consultancy).
Darwin Recruitment AG manages client relationships whilst also utilising Darwin Professional Staffing Group databases and networks to source Candidates and fulfil client requests.
We do not ask for a placement fee from Candidates/Employees.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.