Senior Software Developer - Azure - Contract - Remote
Posted on Oct 8, 2021 by Ballard Chalmers
We are currently looking for a Senior Software Developer experienced in the development of integration systems. We are a leading UK Microsoft Gold Partner Consultancy based in West Sussex near Gatwick.
Ballard Chalmers specialises in software design, development, and ongoing support for enterprise systems on the Microsoft platform for deployment on the Microsoft Cloud, as well as on-premises and hybrid systems. Our areas of expertise are Microsoft .NET & Azure, SQL Server, and BizTalk Server. With over 30 years of industry experience and as a Microsoft Partner with 5 Gold Competencies, we have a well-earned reputation for delivering our expert services.
About the role
We are looking for a "hands-on" Senior Software Developer with solid experience developing integration systems between business systems, trading partners and other services.
All our new systems integration work is carried out using Azure Service Bus, Azure Functions, Logic Apps, Azure Storage and Event Hub. We have a number of clients still using BizTalk server and we continue to support those customers and to migrate them from BizTalk to Azure Integration Services.
The successful candidate will have considerable experience in C#, .NET, SQL, Azure Integration Services and/or BizTalk, exposure to Azure DevOps and the creation of Build and Release pipelines.
You should have 7+ years of software development experience most of which carrying out systems integration work and should be able to use your knowledge and expertise to provide solutions to complex systems integrations.
- Degree level in a technical subject area.
- Highly proficient in core Microsoft technologies C#, .NET, T-SQL.
- Expert level in developing complex integrations using Azure Service Bus, Azure Functions, Logic Apps, Azure Storage and Event Hub.
- Experience with Azure DevOps CI/CD Build and Release pipelines.
- Strong communication skills and client-facing experience.
- Understanding of Lean/Agile methodologies.
- Experience with the use of ARM Templates to create resources in Azure.
- Understanding of implementing and managing automated testing.
- Software Development: 7+ years
Strictly No Agencies