Data Architect (Workday-HCM) - REMOTE - initial contract til 31DEC - UN-agency-client - EN-speaking
Posted on Oct 8, 2021 by infom consulting GmbH
We are looking for one "Data Architect" for our Human Capital Management project to start ASAP an initial contract til 31DEC (extensions possible) for an international Org' -client in ROME, where 100% REMOTE work is possible.
The Human Resource Division is migrating from a SAP solution for Human Resources to a Workday solution and an analytics solution which aligns with UN-client corporate architecture principles. The Data Architect will focus on the Datamodelling required for the Human Resource Division Workday project. He/she will be part of the Technology Division Data Program team, under the supervision of the Data Architect Lead in the Data and Analytics branch.
Possibility of extension based on performance and budget availability. The initial contract will be until the end of this year. If mutually agreeable, we would extend for up to a year. English speaking environment. Our client is an international organisation in Rome and a great reference in any CV!
100% Off-site/Off-shore. A competitive rate will increase chances to be selected.
a.) Data Architecture and Design:
- Analyze the current HR data architecture and understand the Workday data architecture to detect critical gaps and recommend options for improvement.
- Interview key stakeholders to gain a high-level vision for the future state HR data requirements and design a HR data architecture which aligns with corporate data architecture.
- Collaborate with Workday Data and Solution Architects to ensure the platform data architecture aligns with UN-client's future plans for HR data.
- Review options for optimal data storage (eg data lake, data warehouse etc.) which will provide flexibility for HR staff and UN-client staff that need access to HR data.
- Facilitate and produce a process for consolidation of conceptual, logical, physical data architecture. Document the data model.
- Provide guidance and recommendation to solution architects for data modelling and implementation methods to make sure it is in-line with organizational policies.
- Develop and maintain corporate data usage models (CRUD).
- Enforce data best practices, standards, and governance.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture by designing and implementing data ingestion solutions in line with corporate patterns.
b.) Enterprise Content Management:
- Define solutions and provide recommendations that will catalog, organize and store an organization's internal unstructured information, eg word documents, emails etc.
c.) Master, Reference and Meta Data Management:
- Define the HR master data (internal glossary of key data items), the reference data (external glossary of standard data items and values) and meta data (the data that describes the data set)
- Create and document HR data model: conceptual, logical and physical
- Design and recommend HR data storage options which align with corporate data ecosystem.
- Design and recommend HR data pipeline architecture.
- Align the HR data definitions with Corporate data catalogues and glossary.
- Adhere to Corporate data usage models (CRUD).
- Work collaboratively with Solution Architects and other HCM team members from UN-client and Workday to ensure data model and designs are aligned. Provide requirements as required.
- Fit-gap Analysis of existing HR Data Architecture, Workday architecture, and future HR data requirements.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education: Advanced University Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related disciplines.
- 5+ years of progressive work experience in large scale data architectures, data warehousing concepts, data lakes, data mesh, data update strategies, data modelling, data pipelines, workflows, modern ELT/ETL automation techniques, data cataloging, etc.
- 3+ years of experience in designing modern data platform architectures driving tangible business outcome and value leveraging Big Data, Cloud and Analytics technologies
- Experience in DevOps (CI/CD) pipeline facilitating automated deployment and testing.
- Experience with Palantir Foundry desired.
- Experience with Human Resource data desired.
- Strong track record of delivering results in a complex environment
- Hands on experience with Python, PySpark or R.
- Knowledge or data mesh principles and logical architecture for setting up data infrastructure.
- Understanding of big data and distributed modern data architectures and security considerations.
- Demonstrable experience in working with multi-disciplinary teams. Plans work for self and others to deliver within agreed scope, activities, and deadlines.
- Ability to influence and drive consensus across multiple organizational levels including senior leadership.
- Ability to facilitate and lead design workshops and drive interaction with Business and TEC stakeholders to influence engineering and product/platform decisions.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication.
- Critical thinking with excellent problem-solving skills to drive innovative solutions.
- Motivated to deliver. Can work independently to set objectives, quality standards, and deadlines.
- Agile/change orientated. Demonstrate ability to anticipate future complications.
AWARD & OTHERS
- The applicants attention is drawn to the important role that the curriculum vitae plays in the evaluation. Curriculum vitae shall illustrate the specific skills relevant to this request.
- We would like to receive CVs of suitable candidates together with pricing quotations, based on a daily net rate including travel costs for the services described for off-site work.
infom consulting is an owner-managed business and consulting firm in Germany. The company supports large corporations and larger SMEs across Europe. Our IT experts are realising projects for the European Institutions, United Nations agencies, International Organisations and multinational companies across the EU.