Posted on Oct 7, 2021 by Care Alliance Health Center
Under the direction of the VP of Finance, the Controller will be responsible for oversight of all finance, accounting and reporting activities. Supervise a team of staff members including functional responsibility over accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll. Must meet tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation and financial reporting.
- Directs financial accounting functions to ensure accurate recording and reporting of financial information;
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures;
- Coordinate all audit activity;
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership abreast of CA's financial status;
- Assist CA's leadership in the annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans and compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate;
- Support the VP of Finance in engaging the board's audit and finance committees around issues and trends in financial operating models and delivery;
- Oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting; ensure that expenditures are consistently aligned with grant and program budgets throughout the grant/fund period; collate financial reporting materials for government, corporate, and foundation grants;
- Manage organizational cash flow forecasting by working in partnership with leadership; continuously collaborate with leadership to assess the financial efficacy of program operations and establish finance and administrative systems to support program operations;
- Develops plans and objectives with VP of Finance and department staff regarding short and long range accounting programs in specific areas such as budgeting, profit analysis, accounting systems, reporting, and internal auditing;
- Directs the preparation of statistical information and reports for management, government and other agencies;
- Direct and manage staff: select, hire, train, coach, counsel and assure performance.Evaluate departmental roles and structure to assure efficiency and effectiveness and provide professional growth opportunities where possible.
- Attends a variety of meetings with management and department staff to review and discuss financial matters;
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a BA; CPA and/or MBA preferred;
- Experience working with financial and accounting software; preferably White Plains and Blackbaud,
- Keen analytic, and problem solving skills
- Minimum of 3 years supervising staff
- Previous healthcare experience preferred
- Possess a cooperative and positive attitude;