Grant Administrator- Public Sector Accounting
Posted on Oct 7, 2021 by Resource Solutions - Tilney Smith and Williamson
Role: Grant Administrator
If you're looking to join an organisation that will give you the right opportunities and experience to develop your career, join Tilney Smith and Williamson.
Tilney Smith & Williamson is the UK's leading integrated wealth management and professional services group, created by the merger of Tilney and Smith & Williamson on 1 September 2020.
With £54.8 billion of assets under management (as of 30 June 2021), it ranks as the third largest UK wealth manager measured by revenues and the eighth largest professional services firm ranked by fee income. The Group currently operates through three principal brands: Tilney, Smith & Williamson, and online investment service Bestinvest. It has a network of 28 offices across the UK, as well as the Republic of Ireland and the Channel Islands. Through its operating companies, the Group offers an extensive range of financial and professional services to individuals, family trusts, professional intermediaries, charities, and businesses.
What will you be doing?
The post-holder will be accountable for providing a professional and comprehensive administrative, financial and project management services to a portfolio of research projects. The appointed Grant Administrator will be reporting directly to the PSA Management team and will work closely with the Principal Investigators leading the research projects.
As a Grant Administrator your responsibilities will include:
- Work with other Project Coordinators and Principal Investigators (PI) to ensure project deadlines are achieved;
- Liaise regularly on project financial related matters with the respective EU/DAFM Project Officer and maintain appropriate communication channels;
- Compile and submit project financial reports in consultation with Principal Investigators using relevant on-line systems/portals as required;
- Accountable for tracking/reporting of projects including budgeting and financial progress reporting;
- Build relationships with and interact with key stakeholders within the respective Finance Offices of the participant organisations to ensure accurate and timely reporting;
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Experience in post award financial management and co-ordination of EU/Irish funded research awards.
- A proven track record in project management over a number of years, preferably in a higher education institute or research performing organisation.
- Experience of working with grant management portals such as Smart-Simple, Sesame etc.
- Excellent communication and social skills with strong adherence to delivering outstanding service.
As a colleague here at Tilney, Smith & Williamson you will have access to benefits that include:
- Competitive salary
- life assurance
- Pension contribution
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme.
For more information click the "apply" button to be redirected to the Tilney, Smith & Williamson careers page and submit your application.
Tilney Smith & Williamson's chosen purpose to "place the power of good advice into more hands" succinctly encapsulates the group's central mission of supporting both individuals and businesses to achieve their goals. In delivering its purpose, Tilney Smith & Williamson have set out three core values that it is committed to embedding in the culture of the business:
- Personal - we treat you as an individual: We are a people business at heart and strive to deliver a friendly, inclusive, and personalised service to all of our clients, large and small.
- Partnership - we go further together: We develop relationships that stand the test of time, spanning multiple generations. We partner across the full breadth of our expertise to create value for our clients, our company and society at large.
- Performance - we strive for more: We are ambitious for our clients and for ourselves, so we aim to be a forward-thinking and innovative business that leads the way in the industry.
The Tilney Smith & Williamson Group recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all colleagues with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief. At Tilney Smith & Williamson we are committed to equal opportunities in all aspects of our work.