Release Train Engineer
Posted on Oct 7, 2021 by Aerotek
Our client, one of the top Pharmaceutical companies based in the Basel area, is looking for a Release Train Engineer/Advanced Scrum Master with a solid background in implementing Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). In this role you will be leading a team that is in transition from a traditional delivery models (Waterfall, Agile) to more product-centric, scaled agile framework.
This is a contract position and will initially be for a duration of 6 months, with the possibility of extension. The desired start date is ASAP.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Works closely with the Product team (Product Manager, Product Owner(s), developers, Business Analysts, technical resources, and other stakeholders
Manage and optimize the flow of product value using various tools, such as the Program and Solution Kanbans, boards, trackers
Facilitate Operational Value Mapping and ART identification workshops
Run PI planning exercise and organize teams around value delivery
Organize, manage and facilitate the scrum process and ceremonies; daily stand-ups, demos, retrospectives, grooming and planning meetings, etc.
Act as a subject matter expert and coach to the team in Agile methodology, tool usage, decision making process following the proper guidelines
Resolves team impediments with the other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the product-centric delivery approach in the organization
Assist tracking the execution of features and capabilities and assist with economic decision-making by facilitating feature and capability estimation by teams and the roll-up to Epics, where necessary
Coach leaders, teams in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets, help manage risks and dependencies
Escalate and track impediments and provide input on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks
Drive relentless improvement via Inspect and Adapt workshops; assess the agility level of the ART and Solution Train and help them improve
Foster use of engineering and Built-In Quality practices
- 10+ years experience in project management with 8+ years experience in the management of complex technical projects and 4+ years experience on helping organization implementing Scaled Agile Practices (Release Train Engineer experience, or Scrum Master experience).
- Strong leadership experience with a servant style towards the product manager, scrum master, development team and the wider organization.
- At least 4 years of experience in delivery of Healthcare software within a regulated environment.
- Experience in implementing Scaled Agile Practices in a healthcare environment.
- Fluent English skills (written and spoken), German is an advantage.
- Has successfully led large-scale software projects (with multiple tracks of work and teams in multiple locations) from concept to delivery.
- Strong skills in leading teams, problem-solving, influencing, teamwork, initiative and communication.
- Experience in collaborating with teams on a more complex project or program decisions across multiple areas, evaluating tradeoffs and providing options and recommendations to senior executives.
- Demonstrated skills in innovation and creative approaches in building new business process solutions.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with GxP relevant systems.
- Experience with deployment of cloud and SaaS solutions.
- Knowledge of Diagnostics business.
Job Title: Release Train Engineer
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Rate/Salary: 98.00 - 98.00 CHF Hourly
Job Type: Contract
Aerotek, an Allegis Group company. Allegis Group AG, Basel, Switzerland. Registration No. CHE-101.865.121. Aerotek is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available on the website.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go to the website.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice for details on how to contact us. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request. If you are resident in the UK, EEA or Switzerland, we will process any access request you make in accordance with our commitments under the UK Data Protection Act, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.