Application Architect (Brussels)
Posted on Oct 7, 2021 by upcom Ltd
UpcoMinds is a dynamic IT company with 25 years of experience that provides end-to-end web and mobile solutions helping businesses to reinvent themselves in the digital world. Our team's skills and expertise will ensure the holistic digital transformation of any organization, which will considerably improve both business operations and customer's experience.
Our goal is to always have our end products and services reflect our deep engineering skills and elegant progressive design aesthetic. We fundamentally believe deeply in developing long term strategic partnerships with our clients by exceeding expectations and maintaining a high level of transparency.
We are looking for an Application Architect with expertise in the architectural design and development of web applications for a European Institution based in Brussels.
The main technologies used are Java, Drupal and PHP (PHP Symfony framework).
Knowledge and skills
- Very good knowledge of web application design.
- Very good knowledge of Object Oriented architecture.
- Very good knowledge of Relational DBMS.
- Very good knowledge of interoperability technology (eg web services, message oriented Middleware, service oriented bus).
- Very good knowledge of security best practices in web development.
- Very good knowledge of Drupal 8 Back End
- Good knowledge of Front End technology (eg React, or Angular, or Vue, )
- Good Knowledge of design patterns
- Good knowledge of Enterprise Architecture.
- Good knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture.
- Good redaction skills.
- Ability to give technical presentations.
- Ability to apply high quality standards.
- Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in application architecture and design.
- Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, good communication skills.
- Proven ability to integrate in an international/multicultural environment.
- Proven experience with Single Page Application websites.
- Master's level or 5 years of higher education in relevant field
- Minimum 7 years of IT professional experience.
- Minimum 6 years' experience in development of information systems with Drupal/PHP.
- Very good experience with relational databases.
- Very good experience with web application development.
- Good experience with Back End development (ie ability to fully understand the API and Back End concepts).
- Basic experience with Front End development in Drupal 8
- Minimum 2 years' experience with JIRA and/or GIT.
- Minimum 2 years' experience with the LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP).
We commit to promote Inclusion & Diversity by creating a working environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect and where individual differences are valued. We offer equal opportunity in all aspects of employment.
Our recruitment consultants will go through your Curriculum Vitae ASAP and get back to you to discuss the opportunity for which you apply. If you don't hear from us in the coming ten (10) working days, you may consider that you have not been selected for the particular job.