Data Centre Operations Senior Manager (Remote/sometimes face to face)
Posted on Oct 7, 2021 by TALENT - IT
In a Hybrid private/public multi-clouds model where infrastructure is exclusively sourced as a service, and in which one supplier offers most services, the Data Centre Operations Senior Manager holds operational accountability for:
- All Infrastructure Services related to hosting of all applications, tools and appliances used by IT as defined in the contract binding the IaaS supplier with us.
- Defining the detailed service architecture and operations in our multi-cloud environment.
- Controlling the infrastructure architecture robustness and performance proposed by the vendor for private and public cloud.
- Controlling the security compliancy of the infrastructure implemented by the supplier
- Controlling execution of large infrastructure projects
- Assessing the robustness and future proofness of new technologies proposed in the Iaas sourcing mode (in case of hardware refresh)
- For availability Management
- For Capacity Management
- For Data Centre disaster recovery with a high attention on cyber recovery.
By interacting with the Iaas supplier, as contractually agreed in the respect of the governance principles, s/he is a key contributor to IT and business processes continuity.
S/He liaise with the enterprise architecture team to get public cloud high level architecture defined and can translate it to a detailed design targetting an optimal use of the public cloud services. S/He is a Key actor in the Journey to the cloud transformation program.
S/He supports all the other IT processes which relies on Infrastructure services.
S/He endorses the responsibility of sponsoring infrastructure critical projects such the implementation of cyber recovery solutions.
As member of the SMI management team, s/he is responsible for contributing to the SMI and IT strategy and governance with the only objective to maximize the IT contribution to deliver business benefits.
1. LIST of activities
To achieve his/her mission, the Data Centre Operations Senior manager is responsible for delivering the following tasks (with his/her team):
- Controlling that Hardware provisioning and decommissioning process meets service levels requirements in public and private cloud.
- Controlling that the Iaas supplier delivers Technical Application Management (TAM) is delivered following the level specified in the contract including: General TAM (server monitoring, event management, batch jobs monitoring, incident management), Database management, Middleware Management, Software distribution management, Image Management, Patch management.
- Providing operations and administration requirements and policies
- Controlling that operations and system administration procedures are developed and documented
- Controlling that Operational dashboards are developed and documented
- Providing consolidated dashboard
- Auditing that operations and administration policies for compliance with our policies
- Controlling that system administration procedures are developed and documented
- Controlling storage and Data management are documented and maintained by the Iaas Supplier following requirements and policies
- Controlling storage performance is monitored according to the data storage specifications and policies
- Controlling that Backup and recovery services are developed, implemented and executed as required
- Defining Hardware maintenance schedules and controlling that they are executed following schedules.
- Controlling that On-site support and facility management procedures are defined and executed according requirements.
- Controlling that infrastructure documentation is up to date.
- Attending steering committees.
- Team and people management
- Budget Management
ü ITIL v4 and more specifically Service Management Process
ü Deep understanding of infrastructure components (Servers and telecommunication networks)
ü High interest to infrastructure technology evolution and new infrastructure service and operating models.
ü Deep understanding of public cloud technology offered by the market leaders.
ü Deep understanding of public cloud model
ü Process design
ü Comfortable in a multi-cultural environment.
ü Ability to advise and interact with all levels of management
ü Can motivate a team of infrastructure architects with high technical skills and can drive them to consensus.
ü Can resist to business pressure
ü Organisational skills in order to manage and prioritise work and initiatives under deadlines
ü Excellent communication (written and oral) and presentation skills
ü Supportive driving source for your environment
ü Strong influence and negotiation skills
ü Stress resistant and demonstrate patience, tolerance and resilience
ü Comfortable in Operating in a fast-changing environment as a change enabler to internal clients
ü Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment, critical and constructive
ü Customer Focus: Flexibility and ability to cope with non-standard working hours when required
ü Business oriented - always acts by putting actions in perspective of targeted business results.
ü Delivers results - Balances Immediate and Long-term Priorities- sense of urgency when needed.
ü Excellent ability to manage multiple high priority efforts/competing priorities and flexibility to adjust to changing requirements, schedules and priorities
- The ideal candidate:
- has a Master degree (preferably IT) or gained equivalent knowledge by relevant work experience
- has at least 10 years of work experience in IT Infrastructure Service Management.
- Has minimum 2 years of experience in a multi-cloud environment and has preferably already participated to the implementation of a public cloud .
- has Experience in IT Service Management product (ServiceNow - Remedy)
- has Strong ITIL Lifecycle knowledge and Service Level Management skills. Knowledge of ITIL Lifecycle V3 is mandatory (Foundation + additional certificate)
- is business proficient (B2+) in English and native/fluent either in Dutch or French.