Radiology Technologist (Xray/CT/MRI)
Posted on Oct 7, 2021 by SIMEDHealth
SIMEDHealth is currently seeking a Full Time Radiology Technologist for our Imaging Department in our Gainesville, FL office. The Radiology Technologist will perform MRI's, CT's, and other radiographic exams. This employee is responsible for safely demonstrating proficiency in patient care skills, superior knowledge of radiography and has compassion for those he/she assists.This department is a high energy, high volume department and candidates should be comfortable in a similar setting.
Qualified candidates will possess the following minimally:
- High school diploma or equivalent REQUIRED
- AA/AS Degree PREFERRED
- Current Florida general radiographer license REQUIRED
- BLS/CPR Certification REQUIRED
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (AART) certification/license PREFERRED
- 1-2 years in a previous radiology/imaging department, medical office or hospital setting
- 1 year of previous general radiographer experience
- Previous electronic medical record experience
The following is a basic list of duties and functions which may be required of you in your position:
- Perform QC and tube warm up for CT/MRI
- Monitor film badges monthly to ensure employee safety
- Perform CT/MRI and other general radiograph exams per MD orders
- Assist in obtaining CT/MRI and all other radiography reports and ensure they have been entered into the patient's electronic medical record
- Order and stock all required supplies
- Review equipment maintenance schedules and request service as needed
- Make sure room and equipment is in proper order for next day's business
- Observe patient and staff safety policies & procedures
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills at all times
SIMEDHealth offers a diverse and complete benefits package including health, life, dental, vision, 401(k), profit sharing, paid time off, paid holidays, wellness discounts and more.
SIMEDHealth is an equal opportunity employer. To learn more about SIMEDHealth, please visit SIMEDHealth.com/jobs.