Sustainability Data Analyst
Posted on Oct 6, 2021 by Considerate Group (The GreenJobs Network of Websites)
London, United Kingdom
£25k - £25k Annual
PLEASE MENTION THE GREENJOBS NETWORK OF WEBSITES WHEN APPLYING TO THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Job title: Sustainability Data Analyst - 1 position available
Company: Considerate Group
Hours: Full time (Flexible, part-time, job share opportunities are available for exceptional candidates)
Location: London, UK* (Alternative locations in Europe also considered)
Line Manager: Data and Sustainability Manager
Salary: Starting from £25k+ (dependent experience and capability)
Other benefits: Annual bonus scheme, pension contribution, flexibility to work from home 2 or 3 days per week, flexibility to work from 'anywhere in the World' for up to 10 days per year, volunteering days, 25 days annual leave plus 1 additional day of annual leave per year of employment, a training and development package, HealthShield wellbeing package, access to complementary/discounted stays in client hotels
*If wishing to work from the London office, you must be eligible to work in the UK
We are looking for a sustainability data analyst, with multiple-language skills, to enhance our growing team.
Working in a vibrant environment, you will join a team of data analysts reporting to the Data and Sustainability Manager. This role will involve the management and monitoring of client accounts on our sustainability data platform, Con-Serve™. The role will predominantly involve the technical delivery of services as well as client relationship management.
You will also have opportunities to participate in advisory projects. You will use your analytical skills to support delivery of environmental, social, governance (ESG) and carbon footprint reporting.
You will be required to execute a variety of tasks with a steep learning curve, will be given immediate responsibilities on account support, and will join client facing meetings with prestigious brands.
Considerate's mission is to help hospitality businesses become measurably and inspiringly more sustainable. We achieve this through a combination of innovative technology tools, advisory services, and first-class customer service.
Through our sophisticated environmental data management system designed specifically for the hospitality sector, we allow hospitality businesses to monitor, analyse and improve their environmental performance, while saving costs and reducing inefficiencies in their operations. Con-Serve™ is certified as ISO 50001 compliant and allows for a correlation of consumption to other metrics such as hotel's occupancy, restaurant's food covers or outside temperatures. We are currently developing our mobile app fluttr, as part of an innovation competition funded by the UK Government.
Considerate Group also provides advisory services to the hospitality sector, covering the environmental, social and governance dimensions of sustainability. This includes, but is not limited to, developing holistic ESG strategies, delivering workshops and professional seminars, creating sustainability toolkits, and corporate sustainability reporting.
We are a growing team of dedicated hospitality and sustainability specialists, currently operating out of London, Munich and New York, servicing clients worldwide.
- Assist with new client account 'onboarding' on to the Con-Serve™ platform, including the upload of any historical data
- Assist in delivering training sessions to all Con-Serve™ users, to ensure effective use of the platform and associated services
- Support the integration of automated data feeds for both Con-Serve™ and fluttr
- Provide on-going management of user accounts, including advising clients on missing or inaccurate data sets through regular review of account information
- Act as a point of contact for clients, responding to technical queries and troubleshooting issues quickly and accurately
- Support in conducting detailed technical analysis of clients' data in various formats covering topics of energy, water, waste, and carbon
- Write bespoke reports, to disseminate analysis, in a simple and friendly format
- Support delivery of environmental, social, governance (ESG) and carbon footprint reporting
- Assist with sustainability related research, both internally and externally
- Support additional projects as required
Required experience & interests
- University degree to a minimum 2:1 standard (environmental science, chemistry, biology, math, physics, sustainability, statistics, business studies), and/or equivalent work-based research and analytical experience
- Passionate about environmental sustainability and hospitality
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Advanced analytical skills and the ability to solve technical challenges
- Strong communication skills with an ability to explain complex ideas in simple terms, including:
o Excellent data presentation skills
o Ability to write data-driven technical reports
o Unwavering attention to detail
- Understanding of key carbon footprint accounting frameworks (e.g. GHG Protocol, Science Based Targets Initiative, Hotel Carbon Measurement Initiative)
- Flexible and able to work in a fast-changing environment
- Adaptable to a variety of tasks and changing priorities
- Self-driven and reliable
- Ability to take direction from senior staff and deliver tasks in a timely manner
- Resilient with a positive approach
Desirable skills and experience
- A master's degree in a related discipline, or equivalent work-based research and analytical experience
- An additional European language: German (preferred), French, and/or Spanish
- Direct experience working in hospitality operations and/or management
- Understanding of the key resource use considerations in the built environment
- Experience of metering systems, including AMRs
- Understanding of technological and/or operational interventions designed to meet carbon reduction strategies
- Experience analysing carbon emissions and/or delivering carbon footprinting reports
- Detailed working knowledge of key carbon footprint accounting frameworks (e.g. GHG Protocol, Science Based Targets Initiative, Hotel Carbon Measurement Initiative)
- Send your CV and a covering letter to Kate Orszulik at ko(at)considerategroup.com by 24 October 2021
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to complete an online, analytical task before being invited to attend an interview
TO APPLY PLEASE CLICK THE "APPLY NOW" BUTTON AND YOU WILL BE REDIRECTED TO BEGIN THE APPLICATION PROCESS