(Senior) Sustainability Project Manager - 2 positions available (1 senior, 1 middle management)
Posted on Oct 6, 2021 by Considerate Group (The GreenJobs Network of Websites)
PLEASE MENTION THE GREENJOBS NETWORK OF WEBSITES WHEN APPLYING TO THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Job title: (Senior) Sustainability Project Manager - 2 positions available (1 senior, 1 middle management)
Company: Considerate Group
Hours: Full time (Flexible, part-time, job share opportunities are available for exceptional candidates)
Location: Europe (London, UK preferred*. Alternative locations considered)
Line Manager: Senior Sustainability Advisor or Managing Partner
Salary: Very competitive - dependent on experience, capability, and role level offered
Other benefits: Annual bonus scheme, pension contribution, flexibility to work from home 2 or 3 days per week, flexibility to work from 'anywhere in the World' for up to 10 days per year, volunteering days, 25 days annual leave plus 1 additional day of annual leave per year of employment, a training and development package, HealthShield wellbeing package, access to complementary/discounted stays in client hotels
*If wishing to work from the London office, you must be eligible to work in the UK
With the benefit of several long-term client contracts, and a healthy and fast-growing pipeline of new opportunities, we are looking to expand our team by appointing two further, experienced sustainability project managers.
Working in a vibrant environment, you will join our existing, passionate team who are committed to bringing positive change to the hospitality industry. Reporting to the Senior Sustainability Advisor, the Managing Partners and the COO, this role will support the management and high-quality delivery of Considerate Group's products, services, and strategic projects. In addition to coordinating and quality-assuring the activities of Considerate Group's team, the role will require the scoping and management of consultancy projects, including the development and implementation of client ESG strategies, and delivery of engaging webinars and workshops.
You will be required to manage a variety of tasks with a steep learning curve, will be given immediate responsibilities on team and project coordination and will have opportunities to manage client relationships with prestigious brands.
Key to the role is an ability to develop relationships with existing clients and partners quickly and easily, as well as to seek and develop new business. There will also be opportunities to participate in innovative grant-based projects with a focus on technology.
Considerate's mission is to help hospitality businesses become measurably and inspiringly more sustainable. We achieve this through a combination of innovative technology tools, advisory services, and first-class customer service.
Through our sophisticated environmental data management system designed specifically for the hospitality sector, we allow hospitality businesses to monitor, analyse and improve their environmental performance, while saving costs and reducing inefficiencies in their operations. Con-Serve™ is certified as ISO 50001 compliant and allows for a correlation of consumption to other metrics such as hotel's occupancy, restaurant's food covers or outside temperatures. We are currently developing our mobile app fluttr, as part of an innovation competition funded by the UK Government.
Considerate Group also provides advisory services to the hospitality sector, covering the environmental, social and governance dimensions of sustainability. This includes, but is not limited to, developing holistic ESG strategies, delivering workshops and professional seminars, creating sustainability toolkits, and corporate sustainability reporting.
We are a growing team of dedicated hospitality and sustainability specialists, currently operating out of London, Munich and New York, servicing clients worldwide.
Coordination and delivery of consultancy projects
- Take a leading role in the coordination and delivery of advisory projects which may range in scope from environmental, resource consumption data analysis and compiling carbon footprinting reports to delivering workshops or writing policies for individual clients.
- Provide support to the scoping of strategic projects and solutions for clients
- Oversight of timely and high-quality input from the team into client work packages
- Quality-assurance of work-stream outputs
Delivery of engaging webinars and workshops
- Design and deliver virtual webinars and face to face workshops
- Actively promote and represent Considerate Group at events with potential clients and industry peers
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- As part of a small team with a relatively flat reporting structure, support colleagues at all levels as needed to ensure effective client/project delivery
- For the senior role - line and/or matrix management and HR responsibilities
- Keep abreast of sustainability and hospitality landscape, including scientific and industry developments (as well as political, legislative, market and voluntary market developments)
- Keep up to date with technical developments in fluttr and Con-Serve™
- Deliver entrepreneurial advice/suggestions to further develop Considerate Group's offer
Required experience & interests
- At least five years of work-based experience in sustainability, either as a consultant or in-house corporate sustainability professional
- Direct experience working in hospitality operations and/or management
- Experience in project and people management and/or supervision
- Experience delivering carbon footprint and/or non-financial reporting (for example: GRI)
- Strong knowledge of relevant legislative, market, and voluntary market developments
- Passionate about sustainable hospitality and tourism
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Fluent in at least one of the following languages: German, French, and/or Spanish
- Highly organised and pro-active project management skills, with an ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong business development skills; identifying new opportunities and responding to tender
- Excellent data analysis and presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to explain complex ideas in simple terms
- Strong presentation and workshop delivery skills; able to present ideas in a proficient manner suited to different settings and a variety of audiences
- Excellent attention to detail; confident quality assuring own and others' work
- Adaptable with ability to learn and quickly understand new concepts outside area of expertise
- Highly customer service orientated with strong business/commercial acumen
- Self-driven and reliable
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience working with large asset investment funds, including project work around refinancing, investment research, or sales and acquisitions
- Experience in conducting broader ESG, CSR or sustainability audits
- Understanding of technological/operational interventions designed to meet carbon reduction strategies
- A master's degree in a related discipline, or equivalent work-based experience
- Send your CV and a covering letter to Kate Orszulik at ko(at)considerategroup.com by 24 October 2021
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to complete a task before being invited to attend an interview
TO APPLY PLEASE CLICK THE "APPLY NOW" BUTTON AND YOU WILL BE REDIRECTED TO BEGIN THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£0 - £0 Annual
£27k - £27k Annual
£19.6k - £20.5k Annual
£26k - £26k Annual