Senior Cyber Security Incident Response Analyst
Posted on Oct 6, 2021 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
SENIOR CYBER SECURITY INCIDENT RESPONSE ANALYST
Salary: $130,000 to $145,000 plus 7% Bonus
Location: McLean, VA/Plano, TX
Looking for a Cyber Security Blue Teamer on the Offensive 24/7 Coverage. You will have 5-7 years Incident Response, Security Operations, Incident Response, Network Host, intrusion detection, threat response. You will handle security events, resolve incidents. You will work with advanced threat detection tools IDS IPS Network Packet Analysis End Point Protection SIEM Splunk Arc Sight etc. Window Unix Linux
- Security Events and Incidents
- Manage security events identified from enterprise SIEM tool, Threat Intelligence, end user notifications, etc. to determine security risk and respond accordingly.
- Coordinate response, triage and escalation of security events affecting the company's information assets and activities within the Incident Response team.
- Categorize, prioritize, and normalize an event to determine if it meets the threshold of a potential incident and declare an incident, if required following documented process.
- Analyze and research known indicators of compromise (IOCs), correlate events, identify malicious activity, and take appropriate containment steps.
- Formulate and execute a response to the incident and verify that it is contained, eradicated and systems are recovered.
- Based on the review of the process and steps taken to remediate an incident, suggest and implement improvements in the environment (such as improving technical controls) and/or improve the incident response process.
- Apply critical thinking in understanding the new & emerging threats working along with Cyber Threat Intelligence and Threat detection team and then build & execute required action plan.
- 5-7 years of Information Security or Incident Response related experience
- Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Information Technology, related field or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in at least two of the following areas: security operations, incident response, network/host intrusion detection, threat response.
- Demonstrated experience in handling security events in mission critical environments; hands-on troubleshooting, analysis, and technical expertise to resolve incidents and service requests.
- Proven past experience in day-to-day operational processes such as security monitoring, data correlation, troubleshooting, security operations etc.
- Good grasp of security incident response, such as different phases of response, vulnerabilities vs threats vs actors, Indicators of Compromise (IOCs), etc.
- Experience analysing system and application logs to investigate security issues and/or complex operational issues.
- Solid understanding of enterprise detection technologies and processes (Advanced Threat Detection Tools, IDS/IPS, Network Packet Analysis, Endpoint Protection).
- Demonstrated experience with utilizing SIEM (such as Splunk, ArcSight etc.) in investigating security issues and/or complex operational issues on Windows and Unix .
- Solid understanding of network protocols and operating systems (Windows, Unix, Linux, Databases).
- GIAC, GCIH, CEH, CSA+, CISSP certifications
- Threat Hunting experience
- Experience in the financial services industry
- Experience in Scripting, SOAR tool, Programming