OpenShift DevOps Engineer
Posted on Oct 6, 2021 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a OpenShift DevOps Engineer. Candidate supports the systems responsible for the Red Hat OpenShift container platform along with its associated infrastructure. Handles requests for new or updated services and applications on a PaaS (Platform as a Service) infrastructure. Fixes and remediates incidents and problems within the OpenShift platform and adjacent technical domains. Participates as part of a technical team responsible for the overall support and management of the OpenShift container domain. Participates on projects in which they are required to with multi-functional teams in pursuit of a common goal.
- Install, configure, solve, and deploy OpenShift related infrastructure and cluster services in an enterprise environment to support container-based application virtualization
- Find opportunities for improvement to system stability, capacity, security, performance, and drive implementation of approved solutions
- Partner with Engineers, Administrators, Architects, Developers and Project Managers to plan and implement applications to support business requirements.
- Implement and support security best-practices to ensure a secured compute environment
- Track and report on system performance to ensure performance acceptable to meet expected business SLA's
- Produce and maintain system configuration documents and standards
- Responsible for providing 24/7 on-call coverage on a rotating basis
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience required
- 3+ years of experience working with Enterprise-level container-based systems (OpenShift, Docker, CRI-O, Kubernetes, etc.) including associated on-prem infrastructure with 2+ years supporting dedicated OpenShift Platform systems (OCP, OCS, HAProxy, etc.)
- Experience supporting Microservice and Cloud-native applications in a CI/CD automated, multi-tenant application environment with multiple partners and use cases
- Experience supporting a Linux (RHEL or similar) environment
- Experience using various CI/CD tools (GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory, or similar)
- Experience using process automation tools and techniques (Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Experience with utilizing application monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, Splunk, Dynatrace, Nimsoft APM.
- Experience supporting common infrastructure and security related objects and services such as DNS, Firewall Rules, SSL, Load Balancers and Identity Management integration
- Experience working with key office automation tools such as Visio, PowerPoint, Excel and Word