Posted on Oct 6, 2021 by Elevate Direct
Long Term Day Rate Contract
Fantastic opportunity for a Automation Tester to join a large global financial services company based in Cork where you will get the opportunity to work with a new team focusing on a building a financial services software solution.
- Work in a dynamic team with minimal supervision
- Design Selenium bricks to extend our test automation tool
- Ensure traceability between product requirements, delivered code and test case verification
- Participate directly in the creation, development and execution of automated test cases
- Share best practices and improve processes within and across product teams
- Maintain and extend test coverage along with designing test cases from user stories, creating appropriate tools, utilities, and automation scripts that assist in functional testing and to create test data
- Assist with manual testing when required
Required skills and experience:
- Knowledge of Selenium,Cucumber/Gherkin and Java programming language
- Exposure to REST API testing and API testing tools like Postman
- Knowledge of project management tool JIRA and test management tool like HP ALM
- Excellent Git skills for working with version control systems like GITHUB
- Hands-on experience in CI/CD process using Jenkins pipeline
- General Scripting and SQL development skills
- Previous experience of test automation - work estimation, Scripting of tests, interfacing with subsystems, and running automated tests
- Ability to triage failures, identify root-causes, and define corrective actions/solutions
- Willingness to share ideas, knowledge and experience with team members
- Highly committed to challenging deadlines.
- Use initiative to resolve problems, willingness to learn
- Solution oriented, able to set priorities and deliver under periods of higher stress
This an excellent opportunity to join an established organisation and work with cutting edge technologies. This is a rolling contract position paying a daily rate.
To be eligible to apply for this job you must hold a European Union passport or a Stamp 4 Visa.