Technical Support Analyst - New York
Posted on Oct 6, 2021 by SystemRS
Our financial client is seeking a Technical Support Analyst to join their New York office in a permanent role.
The International Technology team manages and develops a suite of internally built and vendor based software applications for Global Asset Management business.
The Technical Support analyst works in partnership with Development to deploy and support a suite of applications. These include trade capture, risk, order routing, portfolio management, and market connectivity solutions.
The candidate will be required to provide 1st line support to business users. The candidate needs to have good communication and interpersonal skills. The candidate needs to be able to perform varied tasks to support applications, Middleware systems, databases and Servers to ensure application stability for the user community. We are looking for a team player with a desire to work with a diverse user community.
This is a Front Office facing role with the following responsibilities:
- Act as the focal point for managing user inquiries with business applications
- Work with vendors, internal development and business to deploy, maintain and configure custom applications and build new environments as required
- Train users on functional use of the system
- Write and maintain document processes, user guides and test cases
- Provide technical solutions to automate processes to improve business operations
- Provide coverage on database (MS SQL Server and Oracle)
- Create reports for business users using SQL querying database (MS SQL Server and Oracle)
- Implement and support cloud architecture (AWS)
- Design and develop scripts to automate operational tasks, maintenance and monitoring
- Provide after-hours problem escalation coverage
- Install patches updates and determine impact on applications
- Administer and enforce IT standards and processes
- Manage release on production environments
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience