Business Data Modeler
Posted on Oct 6, 2021 by Levy Associates Ltd
Data Modeler - Financial Sector
As a business data modeler, you will be working closely with various departments within IT field. You are the starting point for the creation of data attributes that needs to deliver value. Your main goal is to translate business needs into data requirements, organize the needed sources and together with data engineers you deliver the data for usage.
- Translating business needs
- Conducting analysis on various data sources
- Translating the needs into business data model
- Using centrally provided data management processes
- Setting up definitions and meta data
- Defining requirements for logical and physical data model
- Providing input (eg parts of the code) for data engineers
- Reviewing the delivery by the data engineers.
- Able to effectively communicate (in written and spoken Dutch & English) about your analysis and requirements
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university or college in computer science, Data or Business Analytics
- Minimum of two years' experience in a financial institute or analytical online marketing profession
- Strong analytic skills and affinity with data analytics, (pre)processing, and data handling
- Knowledge of and experience in programming (TSQL, Python, PySpark, R)
- Knowledge of and experience of structured and unstructured data
- Knowledge of and experience with batch, streaming and API
- Knowledge of and experience with data management data governance, DQ, meta data preferably at a financial institute and/or a digital environment
- Pro-active attitude and an excellent team player.
- Experience with data management and analytics in a cloud environment is a plus.
- Experience with (Azure SQL Database, Azure SQL Data warehouse, Azure Datafactory)
- Experience with Marketing Automation, campaign management and/or Self-Service Business Intelligence is a plus (eg Selligent, Adobe, SAS) and/or BI tooling (eg Power BI, DataBricks, Splunk, Tableau)