Application Developer - Java (Mid-Level), Perm, Richardson,TX
Posted on Oct 6, 2021 by Electronic Transaction Consultants LLC
Application Developer - Java (Mid-Level), Perm, Richardson
The Java Developer designs, modifies, develops, writes, and implements software programming applications. Supports and/or installs software applications. Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision.
Essential Functions (fundamental, crucial job duties performed in a position. include how the person is to perform them including frequency of tasks)
This position includes the following duties. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Builds, tests, and scales prototypes to support large scale operations.
- Maintains production and development models
- Works with application development team lead to develop data curation and labeling architectures.
- Works with operations managers to validate statistical validity of reporting approaches.
- Works with 3rd party consultant to validate algorithms and identify new optimization and technological approaches.
- Examines existing and new data sets for required normalization and feature recognition approaches.
- May assist with sales cycle.
- Participate in team meetings and training as required.
- Demonstrate regular and predictable attendance for assigned shift.
- On-call and after-hours support are expected.
Required Education and Experience
- Must have BS/BA in Mathematics or Computer Science
- Require programming skills to include Java
- Experience with big data frameworks and operations, ie: Hadoop, Spark, or Matlab
- Good comprehension of underlying mathematics of neural networks and statistics
Preferred Education and Experience
- Preferred 4-year degree
- 3-5 years of experience in a Java developer role
- Prefer academic research experience
- Other programming skills such as C, C++, C#, Python, and R, a plus, but not required