Data Analytics Engineer - Cloudera/Hortonworks Hadoop
Posted on Oct 6, 2021 by RM IT Professional Resources AG
Data Analytics Engineer - Cloudera/Hortonworks Hadoop - vacancy for a globally operating Basel based company in the financial sector.
- 8+ years of experience in building and supporting data platforms within the big-data engineering domain
- 4+ years of practice with Cloudera or similar big-data platforms in an admin role including experience with on-premise big data distributions using Cloudera or Hortonworks
- Proficiency in one major programming language such as Java or Python and capability of developing Ansible modules for deployment
- Good understanding of standard data engineering practices, data warehousing, SQL and ETL
- Awareness of Agile methodologies and Scrum
- Knowhow of managing ELK stack and Google Apigee is beneficial
- Graduate degree in computer science or another IT-related, technical field
- Languages: English, fluent in written and spoken
- Providing platform administration with a focus on data management and analytics projects to deliver data platforms and systems that will enable the data and analytics transformation
- Administering and managing big-data platform tools such as Cloudera and ELK while supporting the infrastructure for greater scalability, high availability, security and resiliency
- Automating platform deployment by developing Infrastructure as code components ideally with Ansible
- Developing features to support strict SLA guarantees to end users by optimising resource allocations, enhancing monitoring capabilities while focusing on multitenancy, resiliency as well as ease of support and governance
- Identifying, designing and implementing process improvements such as automating manual processes, optimising data delivery and enhancing the overall platform capabilities
- Establishing best practices and standards regarding Datamodelling standards, code quality, TDD, DevOps and DataOps as well as increasing the adoption of the framework through collaborating with other teams in the company
- Modernising the company's data management infrastructure including building a new modern data warehouse and data lake architecture
- Developing a data transfer backbone to support event processing and streaming as well as proposing innovative data lab environments for self-service analytics and improving capabilities to support machine learning and AI use cases
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Does this Spark your interest? Then take the next step by sending us your CV as a Word document and a contact telephone number on which you are reachable during working hours.
Going the Extra Mile.
As a preferred recruitment agency for Swiss banks, international insurances, finance service providers, software and pharma companies, we acquire exciting positions since 1998 in Zurich, Bern, Basel and other regions in Switzerland every day.
Due to work permit restrictions we unfortunately can only consider applications from EU or Swiss citizens as well as current work-permit holders for Switzerland.
New to Switzerland? In case of a successful placement, we support you with:
- All administrative questions
- Finding an apartment
- Health - and social insurance
- Work permit and much more
Thank you for your interest. By applying, you give us the permission to internally store and process your data for the application process. We strictly comply with the applicable data protection laws.