Infrastructure Technical Lead
Posted on Oct 6, 2021 by Jefferson Frank International
Role - Infrastructure Technical Lead
Location - Remote (Client Based in Dublin)
Duration - 6 months + Extensions
Start - ASAP
Rate - 500 Euros/Day (No IR35 Implications)
I am working with an IT Consultancy who are looking to bring on an Infrastructure Technical Lead - the end client are based in Dublin, but this position will be fully-remote.
We have a budget of 500 Euros/Day and due to the end client being in Dublin, there are no implications with IR35.
They're looking to get someone started here ASAP and we've got an initial 6 month contract on offer, but they are fully expecting that to extend.
The most important requirement here is for proven experience with Linux, Openshift & Red Hat.
JOB DESCRIPTION - Tech Lead
- Lead an infrastructure implementation team on a range of projects within an overall program of work
- Review project technical deliverables for quality
- Work with our Senior Infrastructure and Solution Architects to turn the customers brief into low level technical designs and solutions
- Work with the Infrastructure project manager to develop the required project approach, phases, deliverables, tasks and estimates
- Coordinate with the Application Development Team on any cross-stream project issues or touchpoints
- Coordinate with Third Parties (eg Networking service provider) to identify project integration touchpoints and agree their scopes of work
The Infrastructure Team Lead must have the following attributes:
- A highly motivated individual with a project consultant and solution orientated mindset
- 5+ years of infrastructure design and consultancy experience
- Strong documentation skills with particular focus on technical designs
- Display a breadth and depth of knowledge across a wide spectrum of existing technologies used within the customers IT estate (see below)
- Ability to quickly adapt to further new technologies when required
- Proven team management, organisational, analytical, risk management, and problem-solving skills
- Qualification in Computer Science/Computer Engineering OR equivalent work experience.
- Strong communication skills - can describe complex technical concepts/issues with non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to quickly arbitrate, prioritise and filter project issues to identify solutions
- Ability to make balanced and pragmatic technical decisions to ensure timely project completion
Mandatory Technical Skills:
- Design and consultancy experience in the following technologies
- Containerised Microservice Architectures using Docker/Kubernetes (ideally OpenShift)
- Building highly available API services (ideally using RedHat 3Scale and SSO)
- Building and migrating to Public Cloud or hybrid-Cloud
- Solid understanding of DevOps concepts and technologies (eg CI/CD pipelines)
- Security Concepts and Standards (PCI an advantage)
- VMware ESXI and SRM
- SAN technologies (ideally EMC VNX5200 family)
- A solid understanding of network and Firewall design concepts - while we do not provide this as a core service, this knowledge is beneficial to effectively coordinate with third party providers
Desirable Technical Skills:
- Exposure to other technical components in the estate: Redis/Sentinel, Red Hat Data Grid, MariaDB Galera, HA-Proxy, NetScaler services integration, NetBackup, RecoverPoint, SSL certificates, IdM server management, MSAD integration