Business Development Manager
Posted on Oct 5, 2021 by CV-Library
Strategic Consultancy Business Development Manager
£41,040 + Benefits
Full Time (35 hours p/w), Permanent Position
Flexible working options
Our client works globally to help higher education shape its future. They bring together HE-focused expertise from across the entire sector in teaching and learning; equality, diversity and inclusion; leadership and governance, to help universities to deliver a world-class experience for their students.
About the role:
The Strategic Consultancy Business Development Manager is a new position within the Business Development and Delivery directorate. This important role provides a fantastic opportunity for an individual to combine their strategic consultancy experience with strong relationship management and influencing skills, to make a genuine impact on the higher education sector.
The Strategic Consultancy Business Development Manager will work with colleagues across the business to understand and develop their value proposition, as well as support market penetration by leading consultation with key buyers across the sector and implement plans to develop the offer based on the changing sector needs.
Key responsibilities include:
* To advise the Assistant Director on the development of strategy and priority areas for strategic management consultancy growth.
* To co-design, devise and articulate strategic management consultancy products and services.
* To actively promote and secure new business through direct client engagement, tender authorship, extension selling and any and all other relevant means.
Experience and Qualifications
* A successful track record of strategic business development including generating leads, opportunities and income.
* Experience of holding strategic conversations with senior leaders, leading to new business opportunities.
* Experience of troubleshooting, difficult conversations and remedying customer concerns.
* Excellent communication, influencing and negotiating skills.
* An understanding of the higher education sector and its policy context.
The ideal candidate will have:
* A high level of cultural awareness.
* A willingness to travel in the UK and Ireland.
* A collaborative and supporting personal style.
* A passion for higher education and its pivotal societal role.
* A passion for business development and income generation.
* A high degree of emotional and cultural intelligence, diplomacy and political skills.
This role is based at the York office, but they offer a flexible, hybrid model method of working. For this role, time will be a split between meetings and collaborative working in the office, working from home and UK-wide business travel as required.
* A generous pension with USS.
* Enhanced family leave benefits.
* 27 days’ annual leave - 8 bank holidays plus up to an additional 4 days over the Christmas and New Year period.
* Cycle to work loans.
* A paid volunteering day.
* Flexibility around working hours.
Our client is committed to providing equal opportunities for everyone regardless of their background. They are also committed to creating and sustaining a fully inclusive culture. They acknowledge that people from certain backgrounds are under-represented in their sector and are committed to doing what they can to correct this. They are particularly keen to receive applications from Black, Asian and minority ethnic people.
How to apply for the Strategic Consultancy Business Development Manager role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this strategic sales position based in York, click “apply” today and you will be directed to the client’s website, where you can complete your application.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Other suitable skills and experience includes: Strategic Consultancy BDM, Business Development Roles York, Commercial Consultant, Strategic Sales Consultant, Field Sales Advisor, Sales Advisor, Account Manager, Customer Account Manager, Sales Manager, BDM, BDE, Sales and Marketing Manager, Event Promotion, Online Event Promoter, Sales Coordinator, Client Engagement Consultant
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£27k - £33k Annual
£28k - £30k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual
£60k - £60k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual
£30k - £30k Annual
£60k - £65k Annual
£50k - £57k Annual
£50k - £57k Annual