Data Lead - Cloud
Posted on Oct 5, 2021 by Appsbroker Ltd
Are we looking for you?
As a Data Team Lead, we expect you to have led a small technical team of data professionals, either scientists, engineers, architects or a mix of all and also remain close to the technology, getting hands on when necessary.
You should be familiar with public cloud, AWS, Azure or GCP but should want to work solely on GCP in your next role. We are the largest GCP only consultancy in Europe, building big data solutions and designing large-scale data processing systems for some of the worlds most recognisable brands.
Are you looking for us?
Example Data Project - Multinational Investment Bank - Largest in Europe
Increasing runtimes and lack of scalability of on-prem Risk Reporting Platform batch ETL process led to challenges meeting increasing volume of regulatory reporting requirements. Lack of dedicated development and UAT led to resource contention and hampered the agility of development and deployment of fixes.
What your future team delivered
Deployed a hybrid solution leveraging the performance and scalability of Cloud Storage, Compute Engine Managed Instance Groups and BigQuery to move the bulk of the data processing to GCP. All data is protected at rest with Customer Managed Encryption Keys (CMEK) and sensitive or PII data is encrypted prior to transfer to GCP and decrypted on premise once data processing is complete. Result was 18x faster data processing on GCP, leading security and cost savings for the bank.
Day to Day
Appsbroker is dynamic and the role is varied (there is no 'typical day') so you'll get involved in a wide range of activities (more production than POC) but here is what to expect from a hands on perspective:
- Identify, scope and participate in the design and delivery of cloud data platform solutions, data storage, movement and orchestration solutions utilising GCP
- Design and execute a platform modernisation approach for customers' data environments
- Design, coordinate and execute pilots, prototypes or proof of concepts, provide validation on specific scenarios and provide deployment guidance
- Collaborate and share best practices/insights with engineering colleagues and the architect community
What skills we look for
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)/Amazon Web Services/Azure - We will train and invest in you for GCP training
- Able to consult on various technologies around databases, data warehousing and big data eg BigQuery, Oracle, Redshift, Teradata, Hadoop.
- Articulate communication skills to explain complex solutions to external or internal customers in a clear and concise manner, aligned with the ability to adjust style to a varied audience within an organisation.
- Exposure to data science modelling, analytics & BI reporting (Tableau, Looker, Periscope, DataStudio).
- History of working with Data warehouse solutions (on-premise & Public Cloud).
- Good experience of SQL on relational & non-relational database (RedShift, BigQuery, MySQL, etc).
- Analytical and design skills around the full end-to-end ETL life cycle of data pipelines in large enterprise settings
- Practical experience of data curation, cleansing, creation and maintenance of data sets for business purposes
Appsbroker is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.