IT Services and Workplace Specialist - Service Management - Workplace Environment - Bloomberg - ITIL
Posted on Oct 5, 2021 by IT Di-Visions AG
For an international bank in Zurich we are seeking a highly motivated professional (m,w,d) to take up the following challenge:
IT Services and Workplace Specialist (Permanent)
We are looking for a candidate with a strong IT Infrastructure and Service Management background to manage our IT Infrastructure Service provider daily activities (Run-the-Bank) and to enhance or create new IT services (Change-the-Bank). The role requires a candidate who seeks variety, can work independently, can think out of the box when solving problems and who has strong team/communication skills.
- Application Management - Manages and coordinates group wide used applications (MS Teams, Bluejeans, Share point), creates implementation concepts
- Service Management - Coordination with external party providing our infrastructure (Messaging, Filer, Workplace, Network), and Trading application services (trading Systems, Bloomberg, )
- Problem Management - Assist in continual improvement of systems through careful analysis of issues and their causes, prioritise topics for review, ensure the suppliers are provided with necessary information for resolution
- Workplace Expert - Ensure that our Citrix VDI environment runs smoothly, work with provider to identify recurring incidents, put in place service improvement plans, manage the packaging process with the provider, oversee performance improvement initiatives, work to automate and introduce self-service where possible
- Trader Environment Support - Ensure Trading systems are running well and work with suppliers to maintain systems and rectify issues in this critical environment
- Project Management - Management of smaller technical IT projects eg infrastructure change, introduction of a new service like MS Teams, opening of new offices, etc
- Detailed Run-the-Bank knowledge and ability to drive operational efficiency and improvements
- Service Management Experience around outsourced Infrastructure Services
- Excellent technical knowledge of Workplace environment and in particular VDI/Citrix, Software Packaging and Performance monitoring
- Knowledge of Trading systems like Bloomberg or UBS Key Trader are considered a strong asset
- Ability to solve problems independently, quickly and completely and to communicate them clearly to management
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and German
- Experience of managing small projects independently
- Strong team player with an ability to establish and maintain a high level of trust and confidence amongst peers and colleagues
- Flexible individual willing to get involved where required and keen to face new challenges and learn new tools
- Strong Service Delivery Mentality with real attention to quality and excellence in all areas
- ITIL Foundation
- Place of work: Zurich/Geneva
- Permanent Position
- Start: ASAP
- Occupancy: 100%
- Please make sure that all the relevant skills are visible in your application/CV
- Applications from UK can not be considered
IT Di-Visions is a friendly and dynamic IT placement agency which has a real track record with companies within the financial, telecom, insurance and other interesting industries in Switzerland.
We place IT experts in contracting positions as well as in permanent employment contracts.
For further technical information, please contact Mr. Manuel Rau.
Please send your complete electronic application to
IT Di-Visions AG