Senior DevSecOps Engineer
Posted on Oct 5, 2021 by Bowerford Associates
We are searching for a Senior DevSecOps Engineer for a very exciting UK based business with offices located in Exeter, Reading, Maidstone, Brighton, Edinburgh and Glasgow.
You will act as a specialist in preventing and detecting security issues, events and incidents (i.e., attacks, intrusions, misconfigurations), and you will be able to recommend and implement appropriate and proportional actions to keep our client's data and operations, as well as their customers' data, safe.
The opportunity is being offered as a remote position with occasional office visits, so you will need to be based within a commutable distance of one of the above office locations to be considered for the vacancy.
Our client operates a friendly, dynamic and supportive team - they encourage passion, ambition and collaboration, both in their performance as a team and individually. New ideas are actively encouraged, and they promote involvement in the development and direction of their products and services. They also love a good work social and team building events!
Being a natural leader, the Senior DevSecOps Engineer is responsible for the following;
- Design secure cloud infrastructures and delivery systems with objectives like speed, scalability, robustness, zero-trust, automation and supportability at the core.
- Ensure that the cloud estate (Azure, AWS, SalesForce, etc.) is configured securely according to industry standards, as well as our clients' own standards.
- Implement and monitor cloud security controls.
- Provide expert cloud security advice to DevOps and Software Engineering colleagues.
- Complete research and consultation with colleagues, as well training (including on the job) to maintain awareness of trends in cloud security threats, attacks, technologies, controls and regulations.
- Monitor cloud estate, react to, investigate and respond to all real or perceived information security and cyber related events, issues, incidents, threat and attack - co-working with Security Analysts.
- Act as the first Point of Contact (PoC) at expert level for all cloud security events, anomalies, incidents, investigations and risks.
- Present to senior and executive management on the status of our estate (cloud focus) and on the progress of the security plan.
You will be the Security Specialist embedded in our clients DevOps and Engineering teams and you will provide in-depth and practical cloud security expertise to other teams. You will be a natural leader who is comfortable leading in the creation of secure cloud design, configuration and security operations standards, policies and procedures, as well as security automation, spear-heading the implementation.
You will also need:
- Ideally have 2:1 or higher University Degree (STEM subject preferred) - or equivalent and demonstrable practical experience.
- Linux and/or Unix certifications (hands-on, practical focus) - or equivalent Microsoft certifications.
- Cloud / Cloud Security certifications (hands-on, practical focus).
- Good combination of technical hands-on, architecture and communication skills.
- Ability to provide in depth and practical Cloud security expertise.
- Produce reports and continuously recommend improvements in our security practices and controls, external and internal.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
This position is being offered with a very competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, which includes, 25 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays, pension, insurances, healthcare, ongoing professional development, remote/home-based working, a yearly bonus and much, much more!
KEYWORDS Senior DevSecOps Engineer, Azure, AWS, SalesForce, Cloud Security, DevOps, Software Engineering, Linux, Unix, Security Architecture, Security Automation
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010.
Bowerford Associates Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.