Lead Software Developer
Posted on Oct 5, 2021 by Hansen Technologies
Lead Software Developer
Hansen Technologies - Newport NP20 or Home-Based UK
With over 40 years of experience, Hansen Technologies is a leading global provider of customer care, billing software and data management systems across 80 countries with specialisations in the utilities and telecommunications industries. With 1500 people across 31 offices globally, our people bring a deep expertise, that drives innovation and ideas to ensure we deliver exceptional products and services.
We are looking for a talented Lead Software Developer to join our Software Engineering team.
Reporting to the Development Manager, the Lead Software Developer role focusses on product responsibilities. We are looking for someone who is team and goal orientated; with a drive for maintaining a strong team spirit and has a hands-on approach.
The Lead Software Developer takes the Engineering responsibility for a Hansen CSD product, and will, in general, act in the lead role on projects covering that product. This responsibility includes working with the Product team to inform the direction of the product; leading project work; working with the Development Manager to support project timelines, provide visibility of progress and support released versions of the product. They will participate in the design of future products as well as Hansen development methodologies and practices.
The Lead Software Developer will also support in mentoring and coaching several developers within the team.
- Engage with product management and generate documentation as specified by the Hansen development process.
- Engage with Product management to understand functional and business requirements.
- Engineer quality, maintainable and testable code.
- Ensure team deliverables are completed on specification, quality and according to agreed timelines.
- Participate in product and architecture development and design.
- Assist the program / project manager to produce project timelines.
- Provide feedback and status of development.
- Inform program / project manager of progress and surface project related issues impacting specification, quality or schedule.
- Engage with program / project manager through development cycle to mitigate risks to quality and / or project schedule.
- Participate with other engineering disciplines to ensure successful project delivery.
- Support team members of different levels to help meet their personal development objectives.
- Conduct all development activities in accordance with the security requirements as defined in the Hansen Software Development Methodology (SSDM) and any additional specific product requirements. The person must be knowledgeable in techniques of constructing and testing software that meets the criteria for Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong, demonstrable experience in a senior software development environment.
- Extensive experience building, testing and deploying high quality, highly reliable, scalable cloud applications, APIs and user-interfaces in a team environment.
- Experience working on Product development using an agile methodology.
- Experience of programming NodeJS, Typescript.
- Experience building and working with CI/CD platforms.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- The technical skills necessary to lead a team of Software Developers and ensure products are shipped in a timely fashion and with high quality standards.
- Demonstrated technical leadership / mentoring skills.
- Demonstrated technical project management skills.
- Excellent work ethic, initiative, self-motivated and demonstrated ability to deliver high value products in a team environment.
- Experience of developing secure systems.
- Experience of Angular frontend development.
- Experience of Cloud technologies (AWS / Azure).
- Experience of designing / developing Cloud Native software.
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent qualification.
- Agile methodologies
- Leadership skills
- Managing projects
- Application development
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Presentation skills
What Hansen Offer
- A stable and rewarding career path working for an established, expanding brand thriving throughout the COVID pandemic.
- Industry competitive salary and benefits package.
- Flexible hours and work from home options.
- Stock options.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£70k - £90k Annual
£55k - £65k Annual
£75k - £100k Annual
£60k - £80k Annual
£50k - £60k Annual
£65k - £75k Annual