Lead QA Engineer
Posted on Oct 5, 2021 by LTS Resourcing
Our market leading client is looking to secure the services of a Lead QA Engineer to join their development team on a permanent basis.
As the Lead QA Engineer, you will help build a QA Practice and drive the quality of in-house developed applications along with commercial package configurations. You will be part of the core System and Development team whose mission is to build a robust and scalable applications that enable the business to achieve key objectives.
You will work closely with stakeholders across the business and Application Developers to understand requirements and produce clear and consistent tests suites. You will apply your technical knowledge and experience to create and manage functional test suites and scripts to ensure quality is validated for every change to code.
Duties of a Lead QA Engineer:
- Analyse and understand new and existing software components and requirements
- Active participation and contribution towards technical documentation, peer reviews, design reviews, team review meetings, and feature refinement sessions
- Gather and contribute to test requirements and produce test specifications
- Design and implement testing scenarios and tools for use by the team and wider department
- Execute test cases, scripts, and scenarios, ranging from new feature testing to post-release validation
- Work with the development team to refine the processes to improve overall quality standards and testing efficiency and approaches
- Apply strong knowledge of QA principles, Agile methodologies, and techniques to test and ensure the quality of the software delivered
Required knowledge, skills & experience of a Lead QA Engineer:
- At least 5 years' experience of using Linux/Unix environment
- At least 2 years' experience of testing APIs
- Experience of using databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL including querying and creating test data
- At least 5 years' experience in Functional testing Multi-Tier application architecture, Regression testing, GUI testing, System testing, Black Box testing, Performance testing, and End-to-End testing
- At least 5 years working knowledge of source control systems, such as Git
- Experience of BDD using Cucumber and Gherkin
- Exposure to Selenium, Pytest, Webdriver or other automated testing applications
- Proficient in all stages of test life cycle from test planning to defect tracking and managing defect life cycle
- Experience in coordinating testing effort, status reporting to management and issue escalations
- Proficiency in defining Testing Methodologies, Designing Test Plans and Test Cases and documentation based on standards for Software Development and effective QA implementation in all phases of project/product
- Good communicator
Our client is built on diversity. Their ambition is to build an inclusive culture where diversity is embraced, and everyone feels safe, respected, valued and able to thrive as part of a winning, engaged team.
As part of our recruitment process you will be required to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK. Documentary evidence will be requested at interview stage.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£50k - £65k Annual
£50k - £65k Annual
£60k - £70k Annual