Posted on Oct 5, 2021 by Endeavour Recruitment
Experienced Splunk Consultant required to join a fast-growing and dynamic team on national and international projects in various industries.
Onsite role in The Hague
English speaking environment
- Actively monitor Customer network and security logs (using primarily Splunk)
- Build relevant Splunk reports
- Identify, escalate and if necessary investigate cybersecurity anomalies and potential security incidents together with Customer staff
- Analyse and respond to cybersecurity related anomalies reported by users
- Draft workflows and procedures regarding security monitoring and investigations
- Propose strategies and prepare mechanisms for the prevention, containment and addressing of cyber threats
- In addition to the primary tasks identified above, in partnership with our SOC (non-exhaustive list):
- Carry out penetration and/or vulnerability tests on specific system(s)
- Prepare and/or deliver awareness raising sessions
- Conduct technical risk assessments of specific systems using Customer templates and methodologies
- Analyse technical security impact of new technologies planned to be deployed
- Develop technical security controls for new and existing systems/technologies
- Provide technical security expertise in discussions about different systems/solutions
- Direct experience with Splunk as an Engineer or Administrator.
- Minimal 2 years of experience investigating network threats with advanced analysis experience of multiple attack vectors such as Malware, Trojans, Exploit Kits, Ransomware and Phishing techniques, APTs, etc.
- TCP/IP Networking skills to perform packet and log analysis.
- Must be a motivated and customer-focused SIEM engineer who can work as a subject matter expert.
- Requires understanding of SIEM platforms.
- Strong understanding of Splunk Use Case creation, Dashboards and Tuning.
- Strong Splunk Enterprise Security (ES) experience to include Index Design, Infrastructure, Data Collection, Deployment Management, Data Enrichment, Querying, Integration and Operations.
- Security Analysis experience to include incident classification, investigation and remediation
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Fluent in English as this is the communication language in the region and Group, active knowledge of French and Dutch is a plus
- Diplomacy and pragmatism: ability to transform governance into technical solutions
- Project Management skills is a plus
- European Citizenship, must be able to pass a background check, valid clearance to EU Secret and NATO secret is a plus
Please get in touch for further details on this excellent contract opportunity.