Posted on Oct 5, 2021 by Computer Network Defence Limited
Role: Cyber Security Consultant
Location: Corsham & UK - (Remote)
Clearance: Able to achieve DV
Salary: £60,000 + Bi Annual Bonus - (Potential 6 figure package)
Computer Network Defence Ltd (CND) are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join our professional services team, based in Corsham but providing support globally. CND Professional Services consultants solve organisation's most challenging problems as subject matter experts undertaking engineering tasks with a deep grounding in cyber security operations and vice versa undertaking cyber security operational tasks underpinned with a deep knowledge of IT and network engineering.
CND consultants are expected to be general practitioners in cyber with some exceptional specialist skills in a variety of disciplines. Our consultants are self-motivated, have an insatiable thirst to learn new technologies and thrive in a fast-paced environment. They must feel comfortable mastering new technologies and be truly passionate about all things cyber. Eat, Sleep, Cyber, Repeat.
This post is as part of our team of Splunk Consultants, though provided the individual has a breadth of skill in other areas, we will provide an initial several months of intensive Splunk training towards becoming a Splunk guru (Splunk Accredited Consultant). Though the successful candidate will also be expected to turn their hands to a variety of other cyber security related work.
Whilst prior Splunk skills or certifications are not required, we expect you to be a preformed consultant with the experience and the necessary emotional intelligence to deal with clients at all levels. We also expect you to be able to have a broad spectrum of IT engineering skills such as system and especially Linux administration. Moreover, you are expected to be cyber security experts to help the clients understand what Splunk can do for them.
- Drive complex deployments of Splunk while working side by side with the customers to solve their unique problems across a variety of use cases.
- Collaborate across the entire organisation to bring access to product and technical teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation gathered from customer input.
- Leverage previous experiences, share best practices and create innovative solutions to push user adoption and maximize the value of Splunk.
- Enable customers to solve the next wave of questions on their own.
- Linux administration (not just usage), essential
- Demonstrable understanding of common enterprise applications (especially in the areas of security and finance)
- Experience in the areas of systems management, log management and security are strongly preferred.
- Ability to quickly explore, examine and understand complex problems and how these relate to the customer's business.
- Able to quickly understand and interpret customer problems and navigate complex organisations.
- Effective at communicating clearly to technical and business audiences.
- Experience with both the Linux and Windows operating systems; must be very comfortable on the command line interface.
- Experience with application development would be an added advantage.
- A good understanding of Regex (Regular Expressions) and/or Grok patterns.
- Background in SIEM or APM or Big Data or Analytics.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter outlining your suitability, salary requirements and availability to (see below)
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
If you have not heard from a member of the CND team within 14 days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
CND Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.