Engineering Manager - Remote, Thames Valley, AWS, GCP
Posted on Oct 4, 2021 by BlackCode
Engineering Manager - Remote, Thames Valley
A scaling SaaS start-up, under new leadership with a life sciences sector focus, and in particular, clinical trial data; a newly created opportunity for an Engineering Manager.
Your ability to manage, and work within a team, engage and build relationships; you can quickly ascertain insights from stakeholder conversations and have a can-do approach and drive to push the innovation of the company forward. The successful candidate will have demonstratable experience in a high growth, and high complexity environment where they played a key role in managing development teams and leading the architecture of software solutions, through the full software life cycle.
This role will be a key member of the senior management team. Reporting to the CTO, you will work closely with other senior leadership to ensure the effective operation of the engineering team.
Your role will include:
- Building and leading a team of software engineers, with line management responsibility
- Helping make the engineering team be an enjoyable, fulfilling, and fun place to work.
- A remit to deliver software, which is well developed, on time, well tested and deployable.
- Foster and drive good software engineering and quality management practices.
- Ensure the engineering team work efficiently and productively together - Agile.
- Take responsibility for the integration/oversight of outsourced development teams
We are looking for candidates with the following skills/experiences:
- Passionate about building strong relationships with engineering teams, and key stakeholders
- 3+ years' experience in a development management/team-leading role.
- Java Engineering background, their tech stack is: