Downstream Processing - Team Leader
Posted on Oct 4, 2021 by Michael Bailey Associates - Zurich
We have an opportunity for experience Scientist in Downstream processing to join growing and innovative company based in French part of Switzerland to support clinical manufacturing in biologics.
The main goal of the role is to support technology transfer activities as subject matter expert and ensure state of the art purification development using the build-in purification functionalities of our BEAT antibody format.
* Management of the DSP team. Develop purification processes for clinical candidates with innovative antibody architectures as a function of product portfolio
* Develop the DSP team strategy, objectives and priorities in accordance with the department vision and goals
* Manage resources and resource demands for the DSP team and proactively communicate gaps and solutions as appropriate, provide active support in budget monitoring and budget definition in alignment with the department goals
* Provide leadership with regards to purification development strategies and ensure state-of-the-art DSP development.
* Provide leadership, guidance and appropriate environment framework to ensure the team meets its objectives
* Develop team members by providing the appropriate level of training, coaching and mentoring
* Represent the DSP team within the extended leadership team and the CMC Matrix organization and maintain solid communication lines with key stake holders
* PhD of chemical engineering, biotechnology or related field with at least 5 years experience in Downstream process development .
* MSc of chemical engineering, biotechnology or related field with at least 8 years experience in Downstream process development .
* The professional experience should include a relevant management experience in supervising people.
* cGMP experience is a plus
* Excellent leadership and communication skills, accurate and team-oriented work style
* An ability to work independently and with flexibility in a changing and demanding environment
* Fluency in English, both written and verbal is a must have.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.