Site Reliability Engineer
Posted on Oct 4, 2021 by Intelligent Growth Solutions
Have you ever wanted to work for a company doing something truly incredible, disruptive and working for the greater good of planet Earth? Well, here is your chance. Intelligent Growth Solutions (IGS) was founded in 2013 and has brought together decades of farming and engineering experience to create an Agritech business with a vision to revolutionise the indoor growing market. Employing over 100 staff, IGS is now in full scale up mode with an ambitious and aggressive recruitment plan to help fuel their commercial growth.
Are you interested in changing the face of farming so that we can feed the world? If so we now need to recruit a Site Reliability Engineer to support the development and infrastructure behind the world's most technologically advanced indoor farming solution.
Who are you:
- You are seeking to grow and challenge yourself.
- You can produce high quality solutions and have an attention to detail second to none.
- You are passionate about putting the user first, making them the first consideration in all your decisions.
- You have a deep understanding of cloud-based solutions, both their advantages and disadvantages.
- You understand the concepts behind containerisation which goes beyond viewing it as being lightweight virtual machines.
- Importantly you are someone who believes in devops as an organisational culture, not a team name and who will strive to empower the wider software team in our goal of delivering reliable, high-quality software with a high cadence.
Key responsibilities include:
- Creating tools, solutions and processes to empower the wider software team to deliver features.
- Enhancing and maintaining our build and delivery approach to make it as frictionless as possible.
- Working with our software engineers to conduct 3rd line investigations.
- Investigating and delivering on ways to continuously improve our software and infrastructure observability.
- Improving our infrastructure architecture through consulting and working with our software engineers.
- Proactively looking at our security requirements and how we can improve them without acting as gatekeepers.
- Working closely with our QA engineers to ensure that quality assurance is baked into all parts of our delivery approach.
- Ensuring that when things do go wrong, we can understand the cause and investigate measures to mitigate or prevent repeat issues.
You are an experienced Site Reliability / Dev Ops Engineer with a strong understanding of software release approaches and tooling. Candidates will need to have experience with containerisation at both the local development level and running containerised workloads in production. You have high coding discipline with experience of code reviews, testing and collaborating on code. Experience of running kubernetes workloads in production, as well as implementing pipelines to deploy those workloads utilising helm, created composable and extensible build and deployment pipelines in both Jenkins and Azure Devops with the pipeline definitions stored in git. You have utilised prometheus within kubernetes are then visualised through NewRelic and written custom tooling in Python and Bash.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£500 - £600 Daily
£38k - £45k Annual
£60k - £70k Annual
£44.5k - £55.6k Annual
£60k - £70k Annual
£50k - £90k Annual
£50k - £60k Annual