Senior system engineer (Kubernetes/OpenShift)
Posted on Oct 4, 2021 by Darwin Recruitment
We are currently working for a large technology company based in Zurich.
They are the leader for digitization, security, innovation projects and products in Switzerland and aim to do the same in other financial and technology centres. They vertically integrate the entire IT value chain for our discerning customers. The basis of their growth are there strengths and values: courage, inventiveness, agility and entrepreneurial flair paired with sustainability and Swissness.
As part of our strong growth, we are looking for a senior system engineer with a focus on Kubernetes/OpenShift, broad knowledge of Linux platforms, networks, IT infrastructure and virtualization to advise our customers and our own hosting center.
The demanding activities require a (technical) university degree in computer science, proven work experience, stylish German and English in spoken and written, flexibility, willingness to work and an interest in dealing with customers and employees.What's waiting for you
- Construction, operation and optimization of complex infrastructures with high requirements in terms of availability, security and performance
- Consulting, construction, configuration and operation of Kubernetes, OpenShift or Anthos environments
- Construction and operation of Kafka environments
- Consulting, development and deployments of microservices in the context described
- Participation in projects both in the conception and in the implementation of new solutions in close cooperation with the ICT system architects, project managers and customers
- Systems engineering activities in the relevant specialist areas
- University of applied sciences, ETH, university degree in computer science
- At least 3 years of professional experience in Systems Engineering Linux with in-depth knowledge in several of the following areas, preferably with corresponding certifications:
Mandatory specialist knowledge:
- Linux and/or UNIX operating systems eg RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian
- Container virtualization and orchestration in the area of Kubernetes and OpenShift
- Orchestration and automation eg Ansible
- Messaging platform experience eg Kafka
- Server virtualization solutions such as VMware vSphere
- Scripting eg Bash Shell, Perl
- Server, storage and backup systems
- Further specialist knowledge is desirable
- Analytical and interdisciplinary thinking skills
- Entrepreneurial, independent and qualitative action, customer and result-oriented
- High level of commitment and flexibility as well as willingness to learn new things
- Structured and goal-oriented approach
- Communicative, team and conflict-capable personality with good assertiveness
- Experience in regulated industries such as banks or payment.
- Experience with cloud solutions such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or Microsoft Azure
"Our employees voted us one of the best employers in Switzerland. As a winner of Best of Swiss Apps and the Digital Economy Award, you surf with us at the forefront of technological development. You will also experience an interesting and dynamic environment with us, varied work on exciting projects with the courage to innovate, a friendly working atmosphere and flexible working hours. We also offer you easily adaptable working time models and the opportunity to take time off. The academy enables you to keep up-to-date with ongoing training"
Darwin Recruitment AG is a Zurich based, SECO licensed, privately owned subsidiary of Darwin Professional Staffing Group Ltd (a Global IT Recruitment Consultancy).
Darwin Recruitment AG manages client relationships whilst also utilising Darwin Professional Staffing Group databases and networks to source Candidates and fulfil client requests.
We do not ask for a placement fee from Candidates/Employees.