TECHNICAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE
Posted on Oct 3, 2021 by Humanics, LLC
Kalcor Coatings Company is seeking a TECHNICAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE. Started in 1961, Kalcor Coatings Company is A Right Size Company designing and manufacturing customized coatings and paint products to meet our customers' specific needs.
Our primary goal is to be a successful developer/producer/marketer of high-performance coatings with a deserved reputation for integrity, responsibility, and competence in its treatment of employees, customers, suppliers, community and the public at large.
Reporting to the President, the Technical Sales Representative sells Kalcor's products and services while exhibiting a high degree of technical knowledge and competency for Kalcor products, capabilities, paint and coatings technology, and the industries served.
Responsibilities include prospecting, networking, sales/marketing, forecasting, technical service, and reporting. The Technical Sales Representative ascertains customer needs, assists laboratory personnel in preparation of samples, assists customers in manufacturing trials, and engages in creative problem solving to help the customer attain the best solution.
The successful candidate will maintain strong technical knowledge of requirements, specifications, and processes related to paint and coatings and will have the following qualifications:
- 3-5 years experience related to technical sales, technical service, and/or chemical formulation -- ideally dealing with paints, coatings, or inks. Some college or technical training a plus. Will consider a combination of education and experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills. Ability to effectively interact with a variety of individuals, including engineering, production, purchasing, and executives.
- Exceptional problem solving skills, along with the ability to understand and define customers' applications and manufacturing processes, and propose solutions.
- Demonstrated ability in planning, evaluation of methods, and efficient and cost-effective use of resources.
- Excellent organization and scheduling skills with the ability to remain flexible and adapt to changing demands. Strong attention to detail.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and math skills.
- Ability to learn and effectively utilize corporate software to document sales activities (ie Salesforce). Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Microsoft Teams). Ability to learn and institute any other required software systems.
- Willingness and ability to engage in moderate travel by auto and air. Valid driver's license and ability to be insured through the company's insurer.
- Candidates must be able to pass a color test, occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds, wear appropriate personal protective equipment, and tolerate solvent odors and other chemicals used within facilities.
Kalcor is a smoke-free, tobacco-free and vaping-free facility.
If you are seeking a work environment that expects high quality work, professional conduct and respectful consideration for customers and coworkers alike, are a self-starter and possess the skills and competencies for the Technical Sales Representative position, we want to hear from you!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.