Lead Full Stack Engineer
Posted on Oct 2, 2021 by The Bridge Ltd
Lead Full Stack Engineer - Contract
Remote (UK) - Competitive Daily Rate
I'm currently working with an award winning, forward thinking digital consultancy, with offices in 6 different countries. Right now they have a requirement for a Tech Lead to join on a 6 month contract working with one of their biggest clients. You will be working with cross-functional product teams, consisting of a variety of talented professionals at the top of their game. You will assist with designing, developing, testing and deploying software solutions.
There are no throwaway projects here. Each project holds a lot of significance with their clients, and in some cases the entire world. This is a consultancy that is very selective about the types of projects they take on. First and foremost you will be a strong people manager; however, you must possess a solid technical background as you will be expected to drive projects forward ensuring they meet scalability, robustness and security requirements.
- Competent in fullstack engineering including:
-Infrastructure: AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience creating system architecture for customer-facing applications and leading a team hands-on to deliver on it. This includes Back End and Front End system architecture and implementation.
- Experience composing system architectures using a mixture of cloud managed services, integration of existing 3rd-party services, and custom development.
- Ability to evaluate options for technical solutions and make build-vs-buy decisions for key components and/or major areas of functionality.
- Good understanding of standard non-functional requirements (reliability, observability, security, accessibility, etc.)
- Experience working across disciplines (ie not just within a tech team) to ensure building of high-quality products as well as delivering the project on time, on budget.
- Experience being hands-on on projects, getting deep into code and being looked upon as a senior authority in software development tasks, projects, etc.
- Lead-level commercial experience managing a tech team through large-scale production builds
Nice to have:
- Infrastructure as code with Terraform
- DevOps skill set/experience
- Experience with serverless architectures/functions
Please get in touch if this requirement falls in line with your skill set or that of someone else you know.