Senior Sustainability Consultant - Financial Services
Posted on Oct 2, 2021 by Lewis Davey
Lewis Davey are seeking a Senior sustainability consultant for our client, a leading and rapidly growing Sustainability Consultancy in the UK, this role is focused on the strategy, reporting and engagement in Financial Services, a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to demonstrate their experience and overall technical ability with ongoing collaborative development for you to excel in your career.
The financial services sector needs to respond to these new requirements that include Net Zero portfolio targets, portfolio carbon footprint disclosures, investment/lending decarbonisation strategies and TCFD, SFDR, EU Taxonomy aligned reporting.
o Delivering high-profile net zero and science-based targets projects for financial institutions (including asset managers, private equity firms, and insurance companies);
o Leading strategic projects with clients to build and implement ambitious sustainability strategies that enable clients to transition their operations and portfolios to net zero;
o Scaling consultancy services through effective resourcing, developing processes and coaching the team.
· Client relationship management
o Relationship building with multiple individuals in large and complex organisations;
o Programme management of client delivery with a focus on quality and timeliness;
o Business development to expand our clients work with key clients and drive growth of the company.
- Communication and people
o Empathy, intuition and influencing skills to draw out priorities, consolidate thinking and get buy-in to the proposed route forward;
o Excellent presentation skills and ability to lead workshops with business leaders;
o Leading teams and supporting colleagues with personal development.Desirable Experience
- Strong understanding of financial markets and the financial services sector, specifically asset management, private equity and insurance.
- Understanding of sustainable finance, and responsible / sustainable / impact investing.
- Financial literacy - familiarity with company balance sheets, lending and investment activities and loan/investment books, engagement and stewardship.
- Knowledge of ESG reporting and disclosure (TCFD, SFDR, UN SDGs).
GHG Accounting & ESG Management:
- 5 years+ relevant consulting / inhouse experience in ESG / climate change-related work.
- Applied knowledge of GHG accounting and target setting at operational level (at portfolio level desirable but not essential).
- Applied knowledge of ESG investments, ESG risk management, climate alignment.
- Knowledge of science-based targets, net zero / decarbonisation strategies, climate change scenario analysis.
- Project and programme management experience.
- Preparing reports, presentations, and papers on sustainability programmes.
- Experience engaging and presenting to senior management teams.
Please note that we will endeavour to review your application within two weeks and, if there is interest in your candidacy, a Consultant will be in touch. Unfortunately, due to the significant amount of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback so if you have not heard from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest.
Lewis Davey specialise in recruiting talented people across Town Planning, Cleantech & Sustainability and Environmental industries.