Associate Director of Service Management
Posted on Oct 2, 2021 by Allen Lane Ltd.
This is a brilliant opportunity to join the Technology and Innovation Directorate within the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) as Associate Director of Service Management, where you can play an active role in helping make recruitment safer.
The DBS has recently moved away from a full technology outsource model, and is on a Pathway to disaggregate its technology services. With a clear and ambitious Technology Roadmap in place, this is a chance to join a Directorate seeking to modernise both technology and ways of working.
The development of a SIAM function is essential to the DBS. With a co-sourced SIAM team currently in place, and a mature plan to fully in-source the capability, now is an opportune time for a dedicated Associate Director of Service Management to join DBS. This individual will be responsible for the completion of the SIAM in-sourcing activities and the ongoing development of the function.
Reporting directly into the CDIO, the post holder will provide line management for internal teams of 12-18 staff, including several direct reports. You will provide strategic and operational leadership to the DBS IT Service Management and SIAM function, with budget accountability of c. £35m, including significant provider contracts and internal resource costs.
You will govern and performance manage strategic partners contracted to deliver key ITIL capabilities and managed services design. You will also own, manage and lead on the tactical and day to day operational relationship with all IT service and system suppliers to the DBS including internal and Central Government groups.
In order to meet the requirements of the Associate Director of Service Management position, the successful applicant must display the following essential criteria:
- ITIL V3 Expert certification or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of an Enterprise Architecture framework
- Extensive experience of working in complex multi supplier environments
- Experience of delivering IT services across all stages of the IT service management Lifecycle
- Experience of operating within an Agile delivery environment
- Experience of managing and running a SIAM environment
- Strong financial management and budget accountability
- Extensive leadership and experience of managing multi-disciplined teams
- Ability to establish and maintain senior level relationships and influence at all levels.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills demonstrable at all levels and across all stakeholder and delivery groups
Applicants with an understanding and experience of working within the public sector are likely to be of particular interest to the hiring panel.
This is an excellent time to join the DBS, not only from a technology perspective but this appointment is part of a wider recruitment strategy to add 15 new Associate Directors (Grade 6) into the organisation across a range of specialisms, including IT, Finance, Legal, Transformation, Commercial and Communications.
The DBS embrace remote working, so while occasional travel to the Liverpool or Darlington offices will be required, this vacancy is available to applicants across the UK. In addition to an attractive salary, employee benefits include access to the unrivalled Civil Service pension scheme, 25 days annual leave and flexi-time.
Applications close at 23:59 on Sunday 10th October. A CV, supporting statement and completed diversity form will be required.
To discuss the role please contact Ed Stroud - (see below)