Posted on Oct 2, 2021 by Mercator IT Solutions
Mercator IT Solutions is looking for a User Researcher to be part of its growing consultancy arm.
Mercator has enjoyed continued growth over the past year and is now looking to increase its capability in the digital transformation space in both the Private and Public sectors.
Mercator IT Solutions is part of the Mercator Group with offices in the UK, France, Singapore and North America.
Mercator prides itself on empowering its people to provide real value to clients by delivering sustainable software solutions with long lasting benefits. We place personal growth and development at the heart of our business and we give our people the autonomy to own and shape their role.
Mercator is seeking a dynamic, forward-thinking?User Researcher with excellent communication skills who can help Mercator in its continued transformation. You will be open-minded, happy to work on your own or as part of a team and want to learn new technologies and promote best practice.
Mercator User researchers work as part of multidisciplinary agile scrum teams to deliver high-quality digital services that meet the Government's Digital by Default Service Standard. You will lead the formal usability testing process for digital services; developing user recruitment briefs, test moderation, analysis and report writing. You will work closely with Designers, Business Analysts and Software Developers to turn user data into actionable user stories that influence product/service direction and prototype development.
As a User Researcher you will:
- work with Service/Product Managers to devise appropriate research strategies to generate focused insights to inform service development
- plan, design and conduct in-house research to test new service ideas (including user requirement gathering, early stage concept and prototype testing, guerrilla research and usability testing sessions)
- design, script and analyse quantitative surveys
- manage qualitative/quantitative research projects such as proposition development, visual identity and customer experience mapping
- present findings, recommendations and customer insights to senior decision makers
- manage day-to-day operations with usability and market research partners, with accountability for schedules, value for money and deliverables
- deliver a consistent user experience across a broad range of digital products and services
- contribute to the continuous development and enhancement of products and services
- mentor and/or line manage Junior User Researchers where necessary
- participate in the wider user research community (outside of Mercator), building relationships with other User Researchers and identifying best practices that we can adopt
Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience of a range of usability testing methodologies to reveal actionable customer insights and gather user needs for web based services
- Proven experience of creating research strategies/approaches
- Proven experience of managing, executing and analysing usability test sessions, and facilitating workshops
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, and the ability to quickly develop recommendations based on quantitative and qualitative evidence
- Proven ability to explain user needs to decision makers and act as a persuasive advocate for those needs
- Extensive knowledge of human factors, ethnography, and the user-centred design process for products and services in an iterative development environment
- Demonstrable knowledge, experience in, and passion for user centred design practices
- Proven experience of audience modelling and developing design personas
- Experience across web content, tools and transactional services, especially those with complex user journeys (involving development of a logical sequence of steps to complete transactions)
- Ability to work with data, from gathering and analysis through to design and presentation
- Ability to mentor other User Researcher(s)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly develop strong working relationships in high pressure environments
- Experience of working in an agile development environment with Designers, Business Analysts and Developers to create new digital products and services
- Experience of identifying the needs of users with accessibility requirements
What we offer in return:
- A competitive salary and pension scheme
- The flexibility to work from home and occasional travel to client sites
- A training package that suits your personal development
- Access to schemes such as the Cycle to work scheme, weekly Yoga/Mindfulness classes etc
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
*Applicants must have the right to work in the UK and the ability to pass BPSS vetting
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£30k - £36k Annual
£500 - £525 Daily
£35k - £55k Annual
£500 - £600 Daily
£40k - £45k Annual
£55k - £55k Annual