Project Support Officer
Posted on Oct 2, 2021 by Charles Oakes & Co
Project Management Office (PMO) Experts
Join our team supporting European Institutions such as the European Parliament and European Institutions and major commercial organisations in the historic and exciting city of Strasbourg. We offer the opportunity to further your career by gaining experience developing key business process tools used to evaluate and support development projects across Europe.
The successful candidates will be part of a key team deploying, configuring, maintaining and developing applications supporting the unique missions of these Institutions.
We offer great working conditions, challenging projects, career growth opportunities and highly competitive compensation packages.
Tasks will include:
- Arranging meetings and producing meeting minutes
- Set up and maintain project files
- Produce forecasts and verify against actual data
- Assist the quality review process and Project Board meetings
- Assist with the compilation of reports
- Contribute expertise in specialist tools and techniques
- Maintain the following records: Quality Register, Configuration Item Records, any other registers/logs delegated by the Project Manager
Profile we are looking for:
- Minimum 3 years of relevant education (bachelor degree or equivalent) after the secondary school;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience, of which minimum 1 year in IT project support using Prince 2 or an equivalent project management methodology;
- Good knowledge of project management and support issues including managing risks, issues, quality, and actions logs;
- Experience with MS Project, and MS Office Suite;
- Experience supporting multiple projects and project managers;
- Experience maintaining a configuration management system, acting as configuration librarian;
- Experience in the full end-to-end IT project life cycle.
This position is offered as a freelance or employee contract, initially until the end of the year, with prolongations likely.
We kindly ask interested candidates to send us their CV quoting reference BBBH1461.
Key words: Project, Support, Officer, Strasbourg, European Agencies, Prince2, PRINCE2, IT, documentation, life cycle.