Data Base Administrator - Engineering
Posted on Oct 2, 2021 by Michael Page Technology
My client - a global Securities product organisation in the financial services industry are looking for a Data Base Administrator - Engineering to join their site in Dublin for an initial 6 month contract to provide an oversight and manage their existing database estate and keep their solution aligned to bank's technology risk and control standards.
My client is a global Securities product organisation in the financial services industry.
The successful candidate for the Data Base Administrator - Engineering contract role at my client's site in Dublin will fulfil the following responsibilities -
- Help maintain the databases to ensure efficient utilization, manage capacity, define data backup and retention strategies, ensure high availability and manage platform currency.
- Identify and realise potential process and operational improvements through their expertise in contemporary productivity tools and technologies.
- Database management for variety of SQL and no-SQL datastores within application platform
- Design maintenance strategy to improve performance, capacity and resiliency
- Development support for the optimized use of query and data access
- Support and manage obsolescence and currency and patch management
- Support non-production environment and third line production support
- Product evaluation and certification
- Define and drive the adoption of the businesses cloud strategy
- Continual review and improvements of automation/processes/practices and tooling
- Support of Audit, Operational Resiliency, Business Continuity of applications
- Manage and update process documentations
To be considered for the Data Base Administrator - Engineering 6 month contract role the candidate must present evidence of the following -
- Understanding of Database SQL and noSQL technologies and Querying (PostgreSQL, Oracle, Cassandra, MongoDB, MS SQL, Azure SQL)
- Understanding of SQL query and Xquery optimization
- Understanding of ITIL standards for Change and Problem Management
- Understanding of Messaging Systems and Paradigms (at least one of FIX, JMS, MQ, Solace, Kafka, etc.)
- Familiarity with XML, XSLT, XPATH and JSON
- Understanding of Database Scripting and Administration
- Understanding of Agile Methodology and DevOps Principles
- Understanding of Azure along with platform migration
- Understanding of Application Integration
- Enterprise scheduling, (eg Autosys)
- Enterprise Monitoring (eg Nastel, ITRS Geneos, Dynatrace)
- A track record with development with one of Scala, Java, Python, .NET or Scripting
Kubernetes, Docker, Containerization
The day rate for this role is between €550 and €650 per day