Senior Network Engineer
Posted on Oct 1, 2021 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious company is on the search for a Sr. Network Engineer. They are looking for a Sr. Network engineer who has experience in a large enterprise environment. They need heavy Cisco routing and switching, F5 load balancing, SD-WAN, VoIP, and a must is experience with AVAYA. This engineer will provide engineering and support of voice and data.
- Plans, forecasts, identifies and implements resource requirements for complex voice and data network systems (including wireless and VoIP).
- Contributes in more complicated network planning, network architecture design and engineering.
- Manages cost/billing, installation, and support of network communication solutions.
- Designs complex network configurations (integrating communication architectures) to maximize the sharing of applications, information, and resources across the company.
- Provides users with advanced network technical support and solutions, and responds to needs and questions of users concerning access to network resources.
- Evaluates new software and existing products/systems and resolves network problems as they occur.
- Develops and documents technical standards and interface applications.
- Provides ongoing information to management, customers, and peers regarding enhancements and innovations.
- Monitors and performs network troubleshooting to isolate and resolve complex or ambiguous network problems.
- Required: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or similar area of study. Five years of previous experience required. Four years of related experience may substitute for the Bachelor's degree.
- Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or MIS and five or more years of related experience.
- Preferred: Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE), or Avaya PBX Administration Certification.
- Knowledge and understanding of Load Balancing, Firewalls, and IPS's.
- Knowledge and understanding of Cisco networking gear.
- LAN/WAN systems, networks, and applications.
- Avaya solutions.
- Frame Relay, ATM, MPLS and/or VPN.
- Experience designing and implementing MPLS converged networks.
- Involvement and implementation of large-scale voice and data network design.
- UNIX operating systems.
- Cabling/data center hardware and design.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$120k - $130k Annual
$120k - $130k Annual
$100k - $130k Annual