Cloud DevOps Technical Lead
Posted on Oct 1, 2021 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Cloud DevOps Technical Lead
Salary: $165k to $185k Plus $15k to $20k Bonus
Location: McLean, VA
You will focus on emerging Technology's and production support of DevOps, Data Lakes Infrastructure, Integration and Troubleshooting of the technologies. AWS, EC2, EKS, EMR, ECS, Cloud Formation. Python Key CICD DevOps Informatica or Talend will be troubleshooting the Cloud Platforms and the technology automation Improve 24/7 support
.*This position can be performed currently from a remote location in the U.S. but will require presence in McLean, VA office in the future.*
- You will provide leadership on enterprise projects and initiatives related to automation and work across team lines on design, solutioning and implementation.
- You will automate solutions to complex problems that require the frequent use of your ingenuity and creativity.
- Lead technical discussions and influence number of multi-functional teams to accomplish work.
- Act as an agent for change regarding the new technologies and tools, promote top code quality by leading design and code reviews, and solve important issues related to performance tuning and scalability
- Partner with business and technology partners to develop intuitive and useful features using an Agile approach
- Mentor junior members in the operations team and engineering teams.
- Facilitate strategy meetings with a customer team to elicit requirements and define MVP
- (Minimum Viable Product) to be delivered.
- 8+ years of Cloud DevOps experience working with one or more of the following Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud services: EC2, EKS, EMR, ECS, S3, SNS, SQS, Cloud Formation, Cloud watch, Lambda
- 4+ years of experience with Cloud based Data Warehouse platforms eg Snowflake and
- Dremio in financial services domain.
- 4+ years of experience using Java, Python and configuration management tools such as
- Proficient with CI/CD process, Agile and DevOps Software Development Life Cycle including analysis, high level design, coding, testing, and implementation, performance tuning, bug fixing and quality control.
- Experience of addressing compliance and governance requirements of a complex organization.
- Streaming experience with Kafka is a plus, but not required.
- Basic familiarity with one or more ELT/ETL tools such as Informatica or Talend.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal, including the
- ability to present content from low to high levels of complexity to audiences of varying levels of seniority.
- Effective organization skills with attention to detail.
- Ideal Certifications - AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Certified Developer, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator.
- Familiarity with Secondary Mortgage Market and/or Freddie Mac business and operations also a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent work experience