Data Scientist (Biostatistician)
Posted on Oct 1, 2021 by RM IT Professional Resources AG
Data Scientist (Biostatistician) vacancy for a globally operating Basel based company in the pharmaceutical sector.
- Expertise in computational biology and statistical genetics, Applied or computational data science and large-scale or 'big data' computation
- Competency of statistical and machine learning or deep learning, analysis of clinical trial datasets (SDTM/ADAM) or RWE data
- Experience with computational environments for large-scale data science and statistical and machine learning, and/or applied deep learning methods for time series data or images
- Profound background with Python for data analysis as well as R for data analysis and reproducible data science
- PhD in a quantitative or computational science eg bioinformatics, machine learning, statistics, physics, mathematics
- Languages: English, fluent in written and spoken
- Working alongside quantitative scientists, domain experts and product developers to ensure teams succeed in answering scientific questions using the data42 platform
- Helping users to apply and develop analytical methods and predictive models that deliver impact on research and drug development programs
- Collaborating on analytical pipelines that can be re-used across the platform within the project and working with users, developing and advocating for good data science practices
- Contributing to the design of the platform, to make it accessible, useful and an appealing toolset for the whole data science and AI community at the company
- Developing frameworks for generation and reporting of key results, quality benchmarks for data, models, and impact in collaboration with the data scientist users
- Supporting scientific teams to achieve their goals
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Ref.Nr.: BH 17580
Does this Spark your interest? Then take the next step by sending us your CV as a Word document and a contact telephone number on which you are reachable during working hours.
Going the Extra Mile.
As a preferred recruitment agency for Swiss banks, international insurances, finance service providers, software and pharma companies, we acquire exciting positions since 1998 in Zurich, Bern, Basel and other regions in Switzerland every day.
Due to work permit restrictions we unfortunately can only consider applications from EU or Swiss citizens as well as current work-permit holders for Switzerland.
New to Switzerland? In case of a successful placement, we support you with:
- All administrative questions
- Finding an apartment
- Health - and social insurance
- Work permit and much more
Thank you for your interest. By applying, you give us the permission to internally store and process your data for the application process. We strictly comply with the applicable data protection laws.