Java Developer / Backend Software Engineer - Remote
Posted on Oct 1, 2021 by Client Server
Java Developer / Backend Software Engineer *Remote UK* to £95k
Java Developer / Backend Software Engineer (Agile TDD). Are you a data savvy Java technologist? You could be progressing your career in a senior hands-on role at a growing FinTech with an award winning data analytics platform sold into major financial institutions across the globe.
As a Java Developer / Backend Software Engineer you will be an instrumental part of a small engineering team to build out the core platform. You'll get involved with projects across the platform including designing and building APIs (via gRPC / Protobuf), data processing and supporting services, collaborating remotely with cross functional engineering teams, Data Scientists and business stakeholders. There's a big emphasis on Computer Science fundamentals, code quality and collaboration using Agile TDD, XP, Scrum/Kanban methodologies; you'll be an advocate and contributor to best practice.
There are regular company wide 'lunch and learn' sessions, weekly general knowledge Slack quizzes and Friday 'virtual pub' sessions to get involved with; if you live near London or Hull there's also opportunities to go into the office if desired.
- You have strong core Java development skills
- You have a thorough understanding of Computing Science fundamentals such as OOP, Data Structures, Algorithm
- You're an advocate of collaboration and have experience with Agile methodologies such as XP, Scrum, Kanban
- You have strong problem solving and analysis skills, happy to work with others to create a feature from scratch
- Ideally you have some experience of building APIs, have worked on high volume / performance systems, be familiar with Big Data processing and technologies such as AWS, Docker, Kubernetes - although you'll pick these up
As a Java Developer / Backend Software Engineer you will earn a competitive salary (to £95k) plus benefits including stock options, private medical care, life assurance, pension and 25 days holiday.
Apply now to find out more about this Java Developer / Backend Software Engineer opportunity.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£32.2k - £42.6k Annual
£21 - £26 Hourly