Service Delivery Manager
Posted on Oct 1, 2021 by Levy Associates Ltd
In your role as Service Delivery Manager IT Applications, your main goal is to contribute to the uptime of the global IT applications for Finance (SAP, Hyperion EPM, Peoplesoft, etc). Your main responsibility will be to scale, deliver, support and continuously improve. You do this within set timelines and budgets, and with due consideration of the high service level quality. You apply this quality to delivering IT Services, ITIL processes, security policies, and other processes that you have discussed with your stakeholders. You also monitor, control, and report on the requirements that you put in place, the solutions you build, and the results that arise.
Furthermore, you are responsible for making structural improvements in the operational IT applications services, operational efficiency, system availability, and support-partner performance.
- Ensures adherence to the relevant (ITIL/PM) processes and participates/owns the roles and activities defined therein for the Service Owner.
- Escalation contact for IT Applications-related Incident Tickets, works with representatives of the business as well as support partners in considerably decreasing ticket volumes - may be requested to join in a Guard Duty system.
- Participates in operational Problem Management- and Change Management processes by requesting, assessing, and validating relevant Tickets.
- Ensures support performance meets or exceeds SLA, OLA, KPI, and other goals and targets agreed on the IT Applications Services.
- Responsible for identification and targeting of structural improvements in the operational IT Applications Services, support-partner performance, and system availability and operational efficiency
- Negotiates, agrees, and documents appropriate processes and/or process improvements with representatives of the business and support partners
- Monitors (on a daily basis) and produces reporting on the performance of service delivery levels and the related service providers' delivery of the agreed level of service.
- Ensures a consistent IT service quality level to the business by introducing risk reduction measures and recovery options.
- Supports and/or leads in the performance of IT (Security) Controls and Audits and ensures IT Applications-related systems and activities are in full compliance with policies and regulations
- Acts as SPOC towards support partners and relevant (business) project teams
- Active participation in receiving the services within transition
- Must have knowledge of Finance processes or technical background within IT Finance or any related business facing applications
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in similar operational IT role(s): Service (Delivery) Manager, Transition Manager, Project Manager, Release, Change, Problem Manager, IT Operations Manager, etc.
- Experience with managing applications covering, SAP (S4/HANA) Peoplesoft, Hyperion EPM, MS Azure Cloud solutions.
- Core competencies: ITIL Certified, Project Management, Stakeholder Management, Incident and Request Management, Crisis Management, Agile Methodology, Influence without Authority, Vendor Management, Solid communication and presentation skills
- Being hands on IT technical or functional expert in finance applications, such as SAP S4/HANA is a plus
- Familiarity with the retail industry is a plus
- Comfortable with working in multi-vendor, internationally dispersed environment
- Highly experienced in working with IT Service Management Toolsets such as ServiceNow
- Ability to act autonomously
- Willingness to travel long distance
- Be part of 24/7 rotation guard duty management (managing major incidents)
- Professional level in English
- Relevant degree (eg Business Administration, IT Management)