Researcher - Climate Change
Posted on Oct 1, 2021 by Lewis Davey
Researcher - Climate Change
Lewis Davey is delighted to be exclusively supporting One Home as they look to recruit a Researcher - Climate Change who can make sense of a plethora of data and reports within the climate change area and turn these into impactful content.
If you are excellent with data and telling a story and really want to make a real difference to the climate crisis, then this is the dream position for you!
One Home is looking for a Researcher who is excellent with data, passionate about climate issues and can tell a compelling story.
- Job Title: Researcher
- Contract Type: freelance, part-time or permanent contract, at least three days per week with flexible hours
- Location: UK, remote but South West preferred
- Day Rate: £250 per day or up to c.£32,500 annual gross salary depending on experience
- Start Date: October 2021
We are looking for an experienced Researcher with a proven ability to use information to create impactful reports. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering One Home's analysis work on the impacts of climate change in the UK as well as progress towards net zero greenhouse gas emissions. This is a hugely exciting opportunity to join a dynamic organisation with a growing public profile that champions public engagement on the climate crisis.
One Home is a not-for-profit social enterprise set up in 2018 by environmental scientist Angela Terry to encourage people to take action on climate change. One Home provides practical solutions to extreme weather events and guides on sustainable lifestyle choices. Crucially, we also highlight the amazing changes that people are already making and how powerful individual lifestyle and purchasing decisions really are.
- Analysis using quantitative and qualitative data to find and tell stories.
- Writing clear, concise and accurate reports on findings.
- Presenting results in compelling and, preferably, visual ways.
- Communicating spatial data through engaging graphics.
- Being a trusted and objective source who can explain analysis on decarbonisation and the impacts of climate change to One Home audiences.
- Take part in wider initiatives on engaging the public in climate action and provide flexible support in the development of One Home.
Required Skills and Experience
- At least three years' experience in conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis and communicating the findings to a range of stakeholders in an accessible way.
- Degree level in science/engineering.
- Numerically minded, with an appreciation of analytical rigour and high standards in work.
- Understanding of the environmental sector and/or the transition to net zero or adaptation to global warming.
- Be confident in writing about complex topics clearly.
- Ability to grasp new subjects quickly with the ability to understand the big-picture objectives alongside detailed analysis.
- Be a self-starter who can work on their own initiative and within a team environment.
- Be passionate about tackling climate change.
Details and how to apply
This role can be on a contract, part-time or permanent basis depending on the candidate. Rate is £250 per day depending on experience or up to c.£32,500 annual gross salary depending on circumstances. One Home is a flexible organisation that supports diversity and inclusion.
This role is being exclusively managed by Lewis Davey who are a specialist Climate change Recruitment Consultancy. Please send an application including a covering letter and CV to Miles Davey at Lewis Davey via together with a piece of work you have written.