Senior Sustainability Consultant
Posted on Oct 1, 2021 by Lewis Davey
Senior Sustainability Consultant
Want to work on exemplar buildings? Keen to work more collaboratively with the design team and clients? Interested in delivering high projects? Working with top tier client who are driving the sustainability agenda? Passionate about sustainability and can offer creative and innovative approach?
We're looking for a Sustainability Development expert who's interested in working collaboratively with the who's who of commercial real estate, delivering exemplar buildings and driving the sustainability agenda across circularity, embodied carbon / LCA, sustainability strategy. We're not looking for someone who provides off-the-shelf sustainability compliance or reports but rather someone who can work collaboratively with design teams, provide higher value, impactful work whilst acting as a "critical friend" for commercial real estate developers pushing the boundaries within sustainability.
Lewis Davey are working with a leading organisation who provide expertise and resources across portfolios. Looking to expand their team, Lewis Davey are excited to collaborate in the recruitment of a Senior Sustainability Consultant. A company that see their people as the backbone; this role is an opportunity to work on a wide range of disciplines in the commercial environment. Working with leading investors and developers to deliver a mix of project work and strategic development frameworks ranging from complex refurbishments and re-purposing to construction of new commercial and residential developments.
As Senior Sustainability Consultant, you will provide industry leading advice to clients to support the successful achievement of identified project outcomes. Add value through your knowledge of new research, opportunities to collaborate, or raise awareness through best practice. Providing an innovative service and inspire both internal and external teams and clients to embrace sustainability.
· Support the sustainability coordination of large-scale projects driving innovation and monitoring the integration of a broad range of sustainability aspects into design, construction and operation. These include: Designing for performance, climate resilience, healthy/sustainable materials and circularity, whole life carbon and life cycle considerations, community and social value, water efficiency, transport and accessibility, customer experience and public realm, aftercare and POE.
· Undertake sustainability appraisals of development projects and produce accompanying reports to be submitted for planning.
· Produce excellent technical reports for our commercial clients that are clear, engaging and balanced with infographics.
· Undertake and manage BREEAM certification projects including the pragmatic, cost effective development of design strategies with the project team, validation of evidence submitted, updating tracking record documents, monitoring design development, and producing meeting minutes
· Provide specialist expertise in one or more of the following core services, in addition to BREEAM: such as Whole life carbon analysis including BREEAM Mat 01 and local planning authority requirements, Circular economy and sustainable material procurement approaches specifically for the different built environment markets, Post-occupancy evaluation and occupier wellbeing., Other certification schemes such LEED, Fitwel or WELL.
· Engage in CPD and knowledge development industry events, working groups, and attendance at networking opportunities.
· Draft bids and tender documentation.
· Proactively engage in business development opportunities and client relationship management, considering new and innovative ways to do this remotely.
What you will need to succeed
· Innovation and creativity
· Creative in understanding environmental design
· Passionate about sustainability
· Working towards becoming a specialist within your field of interest
· Understands commercial businesses and professional practice and the need to bring in fees
· Ability to sell challenging concepts to clients through connecting with them on a personal level
· Thorough understanding of the needs and demands of clients and will to exceed their expectations
· Enthusiastic and driven to succeed and support the development of the sustainability team
Qualifications / Experience
· Degree in relevant sustainability or architectural related subject, with a minimum of 3 years' UK based experience within sustainability consultancy working with commercial and residential real estate investors and developers.
· Experience of delivering complex projects within the built environment from design outset to practical completion. Experience of monitoring buildings in operation would be of benefit.
· Track record of delivering against individual/team financial performance targets.
· Ability to help to create, build and manage successful commercial client relationships.
· Expertise in sustainable development (buildings and masterplans), and the business case for action.
· Track record in delivering BREEAM assessments through the design and construction phases; BREEAM certified.
· Experience in carrying out whole life carbon/embodied carbon assessments using IMPACT-compliant software to support the delivery of client's net zero carbon aspirations.
· A competent understanding of the relationships between building fabric performance, thermal comfort, ventilation strategies, embodied and operational carbon would be an advantage
If you are looking to take that next step in your career and looking to develop professionally, then get in touch today for more information
Lewis Davey specialise in recruiting talented people across Town Planning, Cleantech & Sustainability and Environmental industries.