We at Lewis Davey are seeking a Principal Consultant specialising in net zero strategy for a client, a leading sustainability consultant with a strong global reach.
This role has a focus to support the huge increase in demand for net zero commitments by corporates and you will have a big part in the development of our clients net zero offering.
The Principal Consultant will be closely involved in all aspects of work both internal and external. Internally, you will develop the breadth, depth and quality of our clients service offering and help develop the capability of the team to deliver them. Externally, you will help drive revenue and market share with existing clients while developing new clients and sectors. The Principal Consultant will be responsible for contributing to the business plan and hitting revenue and profitability targets. Success in this role will require certain demonstrable technical and non-technical skills identified below.
Experience and attributes required
• Already have a successful track record in a similar capacity or have demonstrated outstanding success in a related, consulting role
• Comfort with supporting the delivery and management of large business deals with FTSE 350 clients
• A professional, team-oriented, relationship-oriented approach to managing successful, long-term client engagements
• Strong leadership and management skills
• Very high standards of written and verbal communication.
From a technical aspect you will have the following
• Lead strategic projects with large corporate clients to build and implement ambitious carbon reduction programmes that enable clients to achieve their Net Zero commitments
• Knowledge of issues surrounding climate change, including risks and opportunities, mitigation, adaptation, strategy, science-based targets and scenario analysis
• Detailed knowledge of carbon accounting, compliance and measurement techniques and calculation methods for Scopes 1 and 2 and CR reporting software
• In-depth understanding of Scope 3 categories and measurement techniques
• Experience of supply chain engagement including assessment, management, assurance & audit
• Knowledge of carbon markets, offsetting and renewable energy
• Experience of stakeholder engagement and analysis including materiality assessment, interviews, workshops and peer benchmarking
• Knowledge of sustainability reporting frameworks and indices such as CDP, FSTE4Good, GRI and DJS
If you could be interested in this excellent senior role then please get in touch today and apply or reach out to
Please note that we will endeavour to review your application within two weeks and, if there is interest in your candidacy, a Consultant will be in touch. Unfortunately, due to the significant amount of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback so if you have not heard from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest.
Lewis Davey specialise in recruiting talented people across Town Planning, Cleantech & Sustainability and Environmental industries.