Sustainability Consultant - GHG Verification & Assurance
Posted on Oct 1, 2021 by Lewis Davey
Lewis Davey are seeking a Sustainability Consultant for our client. You will be a specialist in GHG Verification and assurance services and will assist the development of our services in this area.
Key responsibilities :
Client relationship management
o Programme management of client delivery with a focus on quality and timeliness
o Business development to expand our clients work with key accounts and drive growth of the company
o Relationship building with multiple individuals in large and complex clients
Service delivery and improvement
o Leading strategic projects with clients to verify and assure their annual GHG assertions, ESG reports and wider sustainability performance.
o In-depth knowledge of verification and assurance standards with a focus on ISO 14064-3. Experience with ISO 14065 and wider assurance standards such as AA1000 is desirable.
o Good working knowledge of legislative reporting frameworks such as SECR, mandatory GHG reporting and the EU ETS.
o Good working knowledge of voluntary ESG reporting frameworks such as CDP, GRESB, TCFD and GRI.
o Scaling consultancy services through effective resourcing, developing processes and coaching the team
Communication and people
o Empathy, intuition and influencing skills to draw out priorities, consolidate thinking and get buy-in to the proposed route forward
o Excellent presentation skills and ability to lead workshops with business leaders
o Leading teams and supporting colleagues with personal development
You will have sustainability consulting experience or worked in an in-house role, and you will have been responsible for leading GHG verification and assurance exercises across a broad range of industry and organisation types. You will have technical knowledge relating to our clients services and a strong understanding of how effective GHG verification and assurance can
impact companies and support their objectives around climate resilience. Above all you will have a high level of self-motivation, a commitment to personal growth and you will thrive in working in a fast-paced client-driven environment.
• 3 years+ relevant experience in GHG verification and assurance services.
• Consultancy experience with proven team leadership capabilities.
• Strong auditing skills supported by recognised training and qualifications, such as Lead Auditor training.
• Strong attention to detail and an ability to confidently communicate verification findings that lead to accurate reporting and continuous improvement.
• Technical knowledge of the various audit and verification standards and the bodies that define them such as BSI, UKAS and ISO.
• Preparing clear outcome-focused verification reports, presentations and papers.
• Working knowledge relating to governance structures and risk reporting and management processes.
• Project and programme management experience.
• Leading client workshops and meetings.
If you are interested in this role then please apply today or reach out to to arrange a confidential chat. This is a fantastic role for a consultant to thrive and get invaluable exposure to the industry with a clear path in front of you to eventually become a Senior Consultant.
Please note that we will endeavour to review your application within two weeks and, if there is interest in your candidacy, a Consultant will be in touch. Unfortunately, due to the significant amount of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback so if you have not heard from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest.
Lewis Davey specialise in recruiting talented people across Town Planning, Cleantech & Sustainability and Environmental industries.